Thread: please help cant add effects with out lag? in adobe pre pro

Default please help cant add effects with out lag? in adobe pre pro

hello every one and merry christmas. ill get to the point. how can i add effects to abobe pre pro with out it laging on me becouse i have magic bullet. but when i add a effect it lags like hell on me. i have 1gb of ram 500gb of storage. and i only have 1.91 GHZ but is there any way i can play them without the lag????? thank you and merry christmas again HOHOHO lol
    geeks for life!

try rendering the files before playback. I have the same problem on my sony workstation, when i add some effects, the render takes a little while for some hardcore effects, but once you render it plays perfect. Premiere is a synthetic real-time playback editor, which saves you from rendering everytime, but thats only for basic stuff. Also if you dont want to have to render, right click on the video in the monitor, and click quality, and use draft, because that might ease it up a bit. But dont quote me on that, im no expert!

Ryan
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Magic bullet effects applied to clips in premiere will slow down and be, at best, choppy on much faster computers than yours.
    As mentioned, if you render it should solve the problem, but can be time-consuming especially if you then go on to edit with the rendered clips.
    The new Magic Bullet Editors 2.0 is supposed to largely solve this problem, given that you have a decent GPU graphics card.
    If you can't stretch to MB2.0 + graphics card, then i'm afraid you're stuck with it.
    The best you can do is make sure you do ALL you editing first and then apply any MB effects after everything is in place - then you only need render once.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pete1801
    The best you can do is make sure you do ALL you editing first and then apply any MB effects after everything is in place - then you only need render once.
    Good advice. Depending on necessity, I'll drop the timeline onto a new sequence - then you only need only apply the effect to one clip.

I guessing your RAM is also just from the board, sharing ram whith the program and any other functions you might have going on in the background can cause issues. Having independant ram (even if it's 256) helps split the difference. What type of video card are you using?
    If I fail, the film industry writes me off as another statistic. If I succeed, they pay me a million bucks to fly out to Hollywood and fart.
    -George A. Romero