Thread: pc dvd ram writer

Default pc dvd ram writer

Hi having problems with my PC DVD WRITER Panasonic 311. Want to burn to DVD RAM and then play on my Panasonic E20 ram standalone player/writer but at the moment unable to .
    First off all need software to burn in -vr format is that right? { Ulead all in one disc creator ?} is there any other software if this is not the one?
    What if I have a video/graphics card with video in video out and then just out put my project to output and record it on my Panasonic E20 I`m using s-video input and output .
    Please can someone put me on the right track. Thank you niccam
    Keep pressing the button

Blog Entries

How far along the process are you? To burn and play a DVD in a standalone, you need to create the necessary file structure. If you simply dump the files onto a DVD, you'll create an expensive coaster (i.e not playable in a standalone). If you don't want any fancy menus, ifoedit (freeware) is the application for you.

EXplained here: http://www.videoeditingforums.co.uk/...hlight=ifoedit (lower down the page)

Hi Marc here what I`m planing to do At the moment capture stills and add transtions. Total time approx 4minutes long, then burn to my PC RAM WRITER then take ram disc out and play on my Panasonic S35 or Panasonic E20 and copy to DVD or video tape .Once I master this will then progress to video and edit and then do the same as the stills . The reason behind all this can get better transtions on computer and once the project is finished can reuse the ram disc over again with no coasters. Thank you
    Keep pressing the button

My main question is what software do I need to burn a disc in the PC dvd ram writer and make it playable in my standalone ram dvd player Panasonic S35/E20. Please can someone answer this. Thank you niccam.
    Keep pressing the button

Blog Entries

As I say, you need DVD authoring software. I assume by Ulead all in one disc creator you mean DVD moviefactory? Check out http://www.videoeditingforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=548 for a list of other DVD authoring apps.

There seems to be two packages MOVIE FACTORY 3 and ALL IN ONE DISC CREATOR MOVIEFACTORY 3 the 2nd seems to be the best as it mentions the -vr format which I`ve been told will let me do what I want ? but it is too dear to buy and try to find out that it isn`t . Is what I`m trying to do possible? has anyone done this? if so what software so I use. Thank you niccam
    Keep pressing the button

Blog Entries

All Ulead products have a free trial...

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm

Thanks Marc but the my dvd ram burner is in another computer with no internet and the download is 102mb too big and would be too slow for this computer [56 modem] and the UK site does not do the free trial on disc as the US site . Have you come across what I want to do and is it possible? Yours niccam
    Keep pressing the button