View Poll Results: Is Pinnacle Studio any good?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 56.67%
  • No

26 28.89%
  • Don't know/Can't (rather not) say

13 14.44%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Pinnacle Studio any good?

I use Pinnacle 9 for home/hobby videos.

I found it was a good step up from my first goes on Roxio and I'm still learning with each vidoe I make. No real problems with the software, I have been put off any thoughts of getting a newer version by reports of problems on version 10. Still plenty of life for me with Pinnacle 9 before I look at upgrading software.

In my humble opinion most of the so called problems with Studio, with the exception of V8, are related to poor hardware configuration. By that I mean cheap and nasty graphics cards, underpowered processors and insufficient memory. Pinnacle Studio is a powerful product and eats resources so make sure you have a properly spec'd machine and eveything will be fine.

3. Default Pinnacle Studio

Here we go again about how 'demanding' pinnacle software is on resources and about the fact that a powerfull PC is needed.....blahblahblah. It's CRAPPY software. In my humble opinion when the hardware is powerfull enough to run Avid Xpress Pro ($1400)and Sony Vegas ($700) and pretty much everything out there (except Pinnacle Studio) without a glitch it should also be fine for Pinnacle Studio ($50).......Even Pinnacle Liquid runs without problems. I guess people are just blind and they don't accept the painfull truth....Studio sucks.

I use Pinnacle 9 with hardly (yes 1 or 2 maybe) a hitch; I use it for two or three hours most days, I produce material that mainly goes online but some has been broadcast (taped to Betacam via mini-DV), and I don't really have many problems . . .

Although one day I'll upgrade to something!
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

I have used version 8 which gave reasonable results for the price.

Then used v9 which was buggy as hell and crashed more than not, so went back to 8.

Now using Premiere and not gone back to Pinnacle.

Its a cheap, quick easy to use program and if you get an older version with all patches you should do ok with it.

I have been looking for vidoe editing software and i tryed Pinnalce and i dont like it.

I Think I might try Pure Motion Edit Studio is it worth it?

Can't tell. It's a Pinnacle section

I use it transfer vhs and tv shows and such, but with all the crashes and failure to burn errors. I would not recomend it at this time. For serious editing I prefer sony vegas.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I was stupid enough to buy Version 10, not just 10 but 10 plus media edition....

Even with the newest patch it still crashes severial times each use. Go with the sony products.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Default Pure Motion Edit Studio?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    I voted no when I saw this posted. Didn't comment though.

Pinnacle should be ashamed to have released such a sub-standard piece of code to the public.

Get yourself Pure Motion Edit Studio.

I downloaded the trial version of Studio Edit 5. It apparently doesn't like .mov files since I get an emergency shutdown every time I try to edit one. Since my camera saves videos in .mov format, I have to use them.

Is this typical of Studio Edit, or am I dont something wrong?

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

MECS

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast