Thread: n00b online

Default n00b online

hi.
    as it "sez" in the thread's name, i'm kinda new to this movie editing scene.
    i just managed to install vegas video 6.0 and i've encountered one problem, that goes for more things.
    the problem: the program doesen't allow me to upload into the media library (use in the project) some sound files, and some movie clips.
    it did let me use a few mp3 so i thought i would put head to head the other mp3 that i can't use, and the one i can, but couldn't find any differences. and about movie clips, i only tryed a few clips and couldn't insert any.
    here's the error message that it displays when i try the files that won't work:
    "An error occurred while opening one or more files.
    The file format plugin for the specified format was not properly initialized."

at the time it gives me this error i only have the options "ok" or "details>>" and in details it says: "File E:\Programs\#Movie.ro\Vegas Video 6.0\projects\FranceNet lan\muzica\Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats.mp3 could not be opened."

that's the path to were the file is located (i guess its obvious).
    oh and, maybe i should mention the fact that i have to different folders for Vegas Video. one is where the program was unpacked and one is where i afterwards instaled the program.
    hope someone can help me...

it's a video codec issue. The files need to be converted into a codec vegas understands.

so... what am i supposed to do ?...