Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%

Thread: Teaser for Our New Mockumentary

Default Teaser for Our New Mockumentary

Me and some buddies are shooting a mockumentary. Basically it is a documentary about a guy making a documentary. This teaser just hints around at the documentarians troubles throughout the film. Oh, keep in mind im in High School, and this is about the best thing that has come out of that school because they are all unexperienced. everybody there uses final cut and i used premiere

[video width=320 height=240:a34979818f]http://www.claymont.k12.oh.us/~rgrewell/swp.wmv[/video:a34979818f]
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Blog Entries

I like idea but if you are going to make drama and get people to act then they have to be able to act convincingly. It's hard to find people that can really act convincingly. I have hardly done any drama type stuff but good luck cos it is hard. I find shouting at actors and doing it over and over is the only way.....

Blog Entries

Second thoughts that was a bit harsh, I am stressy today.
    If your idea is good and you keep it pacy then the bad acting isnt that important if it is just to make your mates laugh and for your web site.

If you have grander ambitions only thne I would suggest do the actors need to polish up their stuff a bit.

Sorry about the first comment...... (takes chill pill)

Yeah, no harm taken, i like criticisim. Actually it is not a drama, that was just being funny, because it is a comedy, like i guess i should of put more info with the video. We explained it better at the showing during our school news. It was broadcasted all over my town on the school's news program. I guess if i would of given you better insight, you'd of saw it better. But thanks for the criticism, i love it because i need it!

Ryan
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

We explained it better at the showing during our school news.
    So - how about some more details for viewers here on the forums? I'm usually all for hasty decisions, but I'd like to know a little more about your plan for this movie, if only out of curiosity.

Well, we are currently in the production process, but i will post you our (unofficial) plot!

1. the guy thats on the couch, is the Documentarian, Russel Sullivan (not his real name) and he is making a documentary about a program at our High School, TECH PREP. tech prep is a class where we edit video, and make websites and some other computer stuff. The class is college based, as in a local college sponsors it. It is so rediculous because we basically do nothing, and get loads of college / highschool credits. We decided to show Russell trying to make a documentary about this class, but we are doing it in the perspective of The Documentary about the Documentary. Basically the teaser shows Russell regreting everything, because it is all just a basic flop, and because everybody screws his ways up.

2. Russell is a 'second rate' documentarian, but thinks he is the big cheese. He is very conseeded (spelling), and thinks the world needs him. This whole thing will explain it, and when we get this done, you can download the movie to see more, but back to what i was saying. Russell calls up the school, and pretends to be his secretary (who is non-exsistent) and asks if they would like the documentary to be made. He then hangs up, and waits for the teacher to call him back, which he gets his jollies out of the fact that "They called him, so they must need him"

3. Basically we are just a bunch of kids that have not been brainwashed to think alike, and all of us have our own minds, so the movie will be creative, other than some stuff that comes from our editing program. I will post more updates later, and if you need more info, please ask!

Ryan

TuscSports.com