Thread: Big Audio Problem.

Default Big Audio Problem.

I am shooting a Mockumentary, and I have an interview with our documentarian, and to add some hilarity to it we used an actual mic that you use for singing, but that screwed us up. the mic picked up everytime the mic would slide in his hand, and it just totally screwed it up, Im using premiere 6.5, so i tried the denoiser and had little avail, so am i screwed, or what?
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Big Audio Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by grewell912
    ....am i screwed, or what?
    Um, yes, I think you are. That noise will be an absolute bitch to remove, unless it's not when someone is actually speaking. If it isn't, you could just crop those audio clips out of the timeline just leaving the speech. Background ambience will be lost too though. Good luck!

What I had to do once when an interview had a lot of wind buffeting on it , in the editing I zoomed in the timeline so I could turn down every gap between speech, then added a background atmosphere to make it sound more natural, it wasn't perfect but it got me out of a hole
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Man
    ...turn down every gap between speech, then added a background atmosphere to make it sound more natural, it wasn't perfect but it got me out of a hole
    As good as it gets really. Let us know how it goes Grewell.

Team Man... I don't think you're far from me, not seen you post before, welcome!

Turn Media Hi there, I've been looking on the Forum for a little while but only posted first time a few weeks ago, forget where I picked up the link to the forum,..... a good forum

I see you're just up above Newark, thats not that far, my wife is often up at the Showground showing dogs
    Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Oh, i tried what you said, with the cutting gaps, and totally not useable, because its over everything, so i just called a meeting, and we re-acted the scene over again, we just studied the dialog from before, remembered it, and instead of actually using that dollar store grade mic, we staged using it, for the interview effect, and used our nice mics from school, thanks for the help though
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com