Thread: Adobe premiere 1.5 or Final Cut pro 5????Need Help!!!!

Default Adobe premiere 1.5 or Final Cut pro 5????Need Help!!!!

Hi Im new to video editing an only been doing it for a few months..I learned using ulead products.I am using ulead media studio 8 right now and I dont really like it..I been thinkin of switching over to adobe premier 1.5 or final cut pro for a mac computer..Which one would you guys suggest?Is one better then the other..Also is either one hard to use then the other??Please respond an help me out..Thanks

Hi Chris,

I'm pretty new to this as well. I was using Cyberlink's Powerproducer for some time, and I quickly realized that I wanted something more robust.

I've never been a mac user, so for me, the choice was obvious. I've been really happy with Premiere Pro, although my mac user friends tell me that I'm missing out.

Ya ive herd macs are way better then pc's..I have never used a mac for editing so i dont know how they work..You said your friends say your missing out by not using a mac?What are you missing out on so much compared to a pc??

Both Mac's and PC's are just as widley used in the industry as one another, their is no real better platform.

Premiere and Final Cut Pro are also extremely similar. I wouldn't go out of your way to get a Mac with FCP if you already have a good PC with Prem

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Forrester
    Premiere and Final Cut Pro are also extremely similar.
    If price is a major factor PC wins every time.

Default Re: Adobe premiere 1.5 or Final Cut pro 5????Need Help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris86
    Hi Im new to video editing an only been doing it for a few months..I learned using ulead products.I am using ulead media studio 8 right now and I dont really like it..I been thinkin of switching over to adobe premier 1.5 or final cut pro for a mac computer..Which one would you guys suggest?Is one better then the other..Also is either one hard to use then the other??Please respond an help me out..Thanks
    Well, this one is pretty easy because Premiere 1.5 doesn't support Macs. I am not sure when Adobe stopped making the program for Macs, but they only make it for the PC now. Unless you go with some program that can run windows on Macs, which I have heard of, but have no experience with Macs, I prefer PC's myself.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html

I have heard a lot of good things about Final Cut Pro though. Just do a search on some reviews on it and see if there is a demo you can donwload and just try it.

Dave

i use both final cut studio and premire. i prefer to use premire because i grow up using pcs and it seems more natrual to me - .. it took me a while to get used to the mac as im used to having two mouse buttons and the pc's hot keys.. i think the only reason people say that final cut is better is because of macs are generally more stable than windows systems. but this isnt really a problem if your just using for personal enjoyment rather than using it for professional production.. but i think its fair to say that you wont find many professionals using avid on a pc - mac every time!