Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "28 Days Later" style

Default "28 Days Later" style

I don't know if anyone here has seen the movie "28 Days Later", but there's a special technique they use in some of the scenes to make everything look more intense and fast-paced. Almost like there's no focus on the camera at all.

I've tried reproducing the same effect by turning off the focus on my video camera, but nothing really happens. I'm wondering how they did this; whether it was a special camera or just some setting they turned off.

Thanks

I've seen the movie but I can't work out what effect you're after from your description. Can you describe it further. Or point me to a specific scene, in the hopes that I remember it.

Sure. It was done more than once, but I remember a specific part where the main guy is running in the rain killing the military men

This isn't the only movie I've seen with this effect though. I don't know how to describe it more than this though. Like I said, it kind of reminds me of a camera with no focus. Very sensitive and unfocused. Perfect for anthing intense

Blog Entries

Tell us the timecodes of the video where the effect appears on one of the clips on the following page: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf...&id=1808402795

'28 Days Later' 28 Days Later Theatrical Trailer

00:31 - For a split second when he's whipping the crowbar towards the camera. You have to have seen the movie to remember that scene and how it was all done.

Other than that 1 second part, there isn't any other parts from the movie that do it, in any of those clips.

Blog Entries

Hmm, can't really see what's going on there. Try duplicating a layer, reducing the opacity of the ovelayed layer, then key framing speed underneath.

That's a great idea

I'll try it next time I can. Thanks

I really love that film. Second best in the world! Next to Vanilla Sky

I understand what you mean, though I'm not 100% how the effect could be reproduced. However, in films like Gladiator, during the fight scenes, to make them look faster paced they actualy removed every other frame, and then sped it up. It gives everything a much more frantic look. But to pull it off, you need to use really short shots, no more than a couple of seconds long, else it'll just look a mess.

The key to it is frame rates. If I understand you right its the same effect used in the openning battle sequence of the movie Gladiator.

Basically take the scene you want to use and create a new project but set the frame rate to 15-20 fps instead of the full 25(pal) or 29(ntsc).

thx man i was searching this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast