Thread: DVD Architect Questions

Default DVD Architect Questions

Hi guys,

Im making a dvd to send out to friends and family for christmas, just a little silly compilation of photos videos and what not.

I compiled my first dvd earlier and tried it in my computer, worked fine, tried it in my mac, fine again, then i put it into my dvd player and it said no disc. I then took it to my sisters dvd player (newer but cheapo) and it played fine, though then in my brothers dvd player it played fine, but it was zoomed in and i lost a heap around the borders.

I understand my dvd player is a few years old and may not support dvdr's but i dont understand why my brothers played it zoomed in. I've put alot of work into this and i really dont want it to be ruined over that. I notice when i preview, i can turn on safe edges, and im assuming that my brothers dvd player is playing only whats inside the safe edges? ...frustrating... especially if i move everything in, then the people i send it to it plays fine and it looks out of design...

Also, will it have a region code? Im in australia and im sending it to friends/family in japan, american and a few other places.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan,

Blog Entries

Hi Ryan. I missed this one as it wasn't in the Vegas page which is where DVDA questions normally crop up.

Some DVD players are picky. Normally, cheapos play anything, higher priced and quality (ie Sony) are more fussy and sometimes reject discs.

If the disc played fine in your Sisters then it's OK. It will be your Brothers player (or TV) set up wrong. The safe areas are there for guidance only (where not to place text for instance) and have no bearing on the playback.

In DVDA you can specify a region code if you want, I think in the project properties dialogue.

Ryan you may find this useful...

When you have your video masterpiece all ready to be burned onto DVD along with choosing the correct television standard PAL, NTSC, SECAM etc you will also have to set the DVD region code so it will play on the DVD of the person you are sending it to.

DVD REGION CODES

REGION/COUNTRIES

1 UNITED STATES, CANADA
    2 EUROPE, JAPAN, SOUTH AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST
    3 KOREA, TAIWAN, HONG KONG, SINGAPORE, MALAYSIA, INDONESIA
    4 AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA
    5 INDIA AND REMAINDER OF AFRICA
    6 MAINLAND CHINA
    7 RESERVED
    8 SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL VENUES (AEROPLANES, CRUISE SHIPS ETC.)