This document will show you how to convert DVD movies and other popular video formats to iPod format and the easy way to put DVD on iPod. After these jobs, you can joyfully enjoy the DVD movie on the iPod.
1. First of all, please download Xilisoft DVD to iPod suite.
Please run Xilisoft DVD Ripper. Load your DVD into the program. For more details about this job, please read the instruction for DVD Ripper. After it is loaded, please select AVI as output format. We recommend AVI as output format because it is more stable and the ripping speed is always faster than mpeg format.
2. And then, please open “Output Settings” in the “Settings” menu. You must select a codec for AVI output. You’d better select Xvid codec, from which you can get better output quality and smaller file size. If you have no Xvid codec on your PC, please download it from http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec. It is free.
3. After you click “OK”, the program will return to the main interface. Now please just click “Encode” button to start ripping your DVD. If you do not want to get whole DVD ripped, you can just rip a chapter or a clip of DVD by the certain items in the “File” menu. And the output files will be found in the “Output Folder” you select.
4. It will take half of the duration time to rip whole DVD. After the ripping process is done, please run Xilisoft iPod Video Converter and load the output AVI file into the program. Highlight your file in the program, and select “Profile” and “Destination” for it. The output file will be found in the “Destination” folder you set. And “C:\Temp” will be the default one.
5. There are four options in the “Profile” box; one is for iPod audio format (MP3); the other three options are for video outputs in different quality.
Generally speaking, we recommend the default setting, “iPod Video Format”, which will produce medium quality in proper size.
Actually, while you select different output option, the settings will be modified automatically.
6. After you decide everything, please just click “Encode” to start the conversion to iPod format.
( ** If you just want to convert your video formats, such as DivX, MPEG, AVI etc to iPod MP4, you only need to download Xilisoft iPod Video Converter to help you.***)
What need to do next? Just enjoy your DVD and movies on your iPod.