Thread: Prem Pro 1.5 export->unfinished movie

Default Prem Pro 1.5 export->unfinished movie

Ok, I re-edited an avi from my dvcam. Then I threw in transitions, slowed it down, and did a b/w filter. Rendered the sequence fine. Now, when I export it to a movie file (using the same pref's in setting's I've always used) it get's to about 530-550mb (movie file size) and just acts as if it has finished rendering and exporting the file. It doesn't freeze, or give me an error, just finishes, leaving me with an incomplete .avi movie file. I've done bigger movies, with more effects in them, and never have I had this problem. I've done a repair on it, checked high and low on websites for answers, even cleared all effects and tried again to render/export... all to no avail. My comp is ok, xp2000 procc., 512 ram, good vidcard... I just don't get why it's doing this, when I've done plenty other stuff with no problems... HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!

are you sure you've got the export settings set to "Entire project" rather than "Work area bar"?

Definately. Like I said, I've done many exports, none of which has done this. Think it could be my custom setting? I saved it the first time I did a vid, and now I just load it. I use it for when the video is to go into encore, and I've never had an issue before now.

Blog Entries

And you have plenty of disk space remaining and have defragged your drives?

Yup, 22gb out 0f 80, defragging was one of the first things I did, and the overall file size will only be about a gig when (if) completed.

Sorry, didn't realize I did a smiley... supposed to say 'if completed'...

Blog Entries

Curious. What happens if you place the work area bar over half the project, then export this area only. If that works, try increasing it... if not try reducing it.

Now I know this isn't a fix, but it could be a short-term work around. You export in two batches, then combine these two. If you export in a lossless format such as huffy, then use these to encode the final film you won't lose quality.

Incidently, what are your export settings?

I don't have time right now to do the workbar thing, but here are the settings...

Settings are: Microsoft DV AVI/Entire Sequence/Export Video&Audio/DV NTSC/Millions of Color/29fps/D1-DV NTSC/Lower Fields First/De-Interlace OFF/Uncompressed

Sorry this is so short. I'll assume you'll understand the settings. I got them from another forum. As a point of interest, I noticed the setting under RENDERING AND KEYFRAME: D1-DV NTSC had another choice, one of widescreen. I taped my footage and imported it as widescreen. Maybe I should have altered that setting. (Which I just did, and I'm now going to try and export the movie... I'll let you know how it goes).

...and that was the key to all my anguish! I thank you kindly for all your help. I peruse these forums regularly for all my how-to's. Again, thank you!