Thread: encore problem

Default encore problem

hi

im completely new to encore but i think i now know the basics.. the problem is that i have now created a looped video backround which lasts 10seconds - thus I put the loop point at 10.
    this works fine - but when i come to put the music in, the music loops at 10 seconds aswell - i cant see how to treat the audio and video sepratly.. when i put the loop point at 2 minutes 30 second (how long the music lasts) the video loop simply stops at its end point (10 seconds) - hope that makes sense!!

any advice???

nice1
    dave

Do you mean that after the video has finnished that the audio just carrys on-You need to set your end action just to the same clip.

what im trying to say is i have a video backround which is looped forever - this works fine, when i come to put music on - the music plays but the video only plays though 1 cycle and then pauses....

... while im on the subject could anyone explain 'timelines' in encore to me..(i have read the help file)...... i havnt used any cos i fail to see what they do!!! - sorry for sounding like a muppet!!

Blog Entries

You need to place the audio in a timeline in Premiere, then place a series of copies of the video in the video track until the length is the same audio. Output this and import into Encore.

When you link to video, you actually link to a timeline.

^^ i see what your saying - but when i export the video from premire it only allows me to import the clips i have in that project individully- not as a whole...

You cannot set seperate loop points for audio and video in Encore.
    Therefore if the music you want is longer than the video clip, take the video clip back into premiere and copy and paste it along a timeline until the timeline is as long as the music. Now export this looped video as a movie and import into Encore. Set the loop to the end of the music track and all should be fine

cheers - sorted it now - thanx alot