Thread: ouputting files for dvd authoring

Default ouputting files for dvd authoring

I am using Premiere 6.0 with Matrox RT2500 board. The setup is outdated but i'm trying my best to work something out from it.

I want to output my timeline (2 hours max) to a format which will be suitable for a dvd menu software such as studio 9 or ulead dvd workshop. I've tried various different settings such as mpeg2 i-frame and mpeg2 ibp. the mpeg2 i-frame at "high" quality settings has a 10 miinute video at 650mb without the audio track which is 110mb. obviously i'm going to be burning on a 4.7gb disc so thats too large of a format for me since most of my movies are around 2 hours. When i play the file through windows media player in full screen it looks really distorted, not the quality i'd like to have it at when viewing on a tv.

What am i doing wrong? My main concern is to make a movie with a dvd menu and have it fit on one 4.7gb disc at the best quality possible.

I burn 26GB .AVI's with menus to a 4.7gb recordable DVD using Adobe encore or just the movie using Premier Pro.

The software 'fits' the video onto the available DVD space using compression.

This is NOT the same as trying to burn a 26GB .AVI file to a DVD as 'Data' - which will obviously not fit.

When i play the file through windows media player in full screen it looks really distorted
    I'm not really sure what you mean by that statement so I have no answer.
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

He is saying that when opening his file in his Windwos media player and selecting full screen it comes out pixlated.

Thanks Luke - I get it now

Standard (north american) TV is 720x480

My PC resolution is set to 1280x1024 - every movie I watch on my PC (using Windows Media Player at full screen) is 'pixellated'

Try setting your PC monitor resolution to 800x600 and then watching the same movie (in full screen) - you will notice a vast reduction in pixellation

hope that helps
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Not a problem..i think that what he means!