Thread: Adobe Encore - Error 47001???

Default Adobe Encore - Error 47001???

Hey all, I'm currently trying to create a DVD of my student film using Adobe Encore 1.5 and it all seems to work fine up until the point I attempt to preview.

Upon pressing the "Play Movie" button, which I have linked to the footage, I get a message saying:

"No decoder available for this stream type. Error- 47001"

I find this a little strange seeing as I have exported my footage from Premiere Pro 1.5 in AVI format.

Can anyone help?

As I have no idea what format(s) your student film (all component bits) is in I'll answer generically

Whenever I try and work with any 'non-.AVI' format I continually run into stream, codec, translation, sound, video, etc .... errors. Especially if I am mixing different video formats in one timeline with added stills and imported soundtracks and adding transitions througout.

The solution I always use is to convert, one at a time, each video clip to a standard .AVI (so they are all the exact same format) and make sure all imported pictures are the same size (and a suitable size relative to my video output specs), and ensure that all my audio tracks are the same audio data rate.

After 'standardizing' all my 'input' pieces, only then do I put my project together.

hope this helps
    I find this a little strange seeing as I have exported my footage from Premiere Pro 1.5 in AVI format.
    I did notice that you said this - but - are you trying to use a .WMV in an animated menu? or maybe an animated .GIF or video on one of your buttons?
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

No, I am not trying to run a .WMV simultaneously. I have created a menu using a still from the film as a background and then simply typed up some words and converted them to buttons.

You mentioned standardising the footage, sorry how can I ensure that they are all the same?

I'm only using two clips, both from the same Premiere project. One being the film in it's entirety and then other being a 30 second trailer.

My other components are a blank PAL menu layer and a still from the film, (captured with TopazMoment).

Here's a brief list of what occurred prior to these DVD issues.

1) The editor and I put together our film.
    2) We exported the movie as an .AVI file
    3) I copied the file onto a data DVD
    4) I brought the DVD home and ripped the file onto my computer
    5) I imported the entire film back into Premiere Pro 1.5 and cut it into two pieces; Film and Trailer
    6) I then exported these two parts seperately into .AVI files
    7) I imported the two clips as assets and attempted to construct a DVD
    Upon attempting to preview, I got the error message

I would have thought, seeing as Encore and Premiere are both Adobe programs, that this would be a simple affair. Apparently not. :(

Well - I'm just shooting in the dark but...

You say you 'copied the file to a data DVD' but then say you 'ripped the file onto my computer' - do I understand that to mean you... a) copied the .AVI's from the source DVD ... or b) you used some program to 'rip' new .AVI's from a video DVD? - If you ripped new ones, your 'ripper' software may not be outputting in a format compatible with Adobe products.

Lets assume you copied .AVI data files....

in #5 You could try and go to the menu Project\Project Settings\General and check the 'scale clips to project dimensions when adding to sequence' (prior to importing any assets of course) - It may help

in #6 you cut and re-exported 2 .AVI's - have you rechecked your output settings again (I'm sure you have but just asking)

in #7 have you tried importing 1 piece at a time and previewing between each step - might give you a clue as to which piece is giving the preview problem.

and as an aside - I have found that when I have a screwy nonsense error I recapture new source files and try again - sometimes the source file is corrupted and produces strange errors.

Hope something here can help

Not really sure what else to tell you at this point.
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Default Re: Adobe Encore - Error 47001???

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBlondFilmGuy
    "No decoder available for this stream type. Error- 47001"

Can anyone help?
    Ok just to make you feel better i have that same thing. The prevew DVD thing is for use of checking out the menus i think. You should be able to use the timline monitors to check your footage. The finnal export still works for me!

Blog Entries

Google came back with this page when searching the error code.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=20904

Looks like an excellent website.

Yay, it works now! Thanks so much for your assistance. This is a great forum.

Default Im still having trouble

have read these posts still having trouble with the 47001 error
    I use Vegas to create my AVI files and it only gives one option for export of PAL AVI files.
    I tried exporting as MOV but still have the same problem in encore ??
    also tried converting the AVI into .m2v and wave files then import them as a time line in encore still get the error
    What type of AVI is it expecting????
    frustrated or am I missing some thing