Thread: Drifting At Newmarket, Car Lovers will love this !!!

1. Default Drifting At Newmarket, Car Lovers will love this !!!

The UK Drift Club in one Film , enjoy

http://www.evocity.co.uk/video/driftclub.wmv
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Blog Entries

Gotta say I love watching cars do crazy things, so I happily sat through the whole 5 mins.

I'll give some constructive critism for what it's worth. You really need to adjust the audio levels between clips to ensure you don't get peaks on hard cuts and transitions - it makes the clips look like they jump from one to another where the audio suddenly kicks up a notch.

Have you seen this little video I created after taking my cam to a bike show last year?

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/bikeshow.wmv

Just a bit of fun.

Blog Entries

Loved it Brian. Can I offer something too though? When the photographer takes your pic, I would liked to have seen a quick image of his viewpoint... get the pic and include it!. Only other tiny detail is the jumps to and from slo-mo seem a bit too harsh. Can you find a way of introducing the speed changes more smoothly?

Overall though, as I said, I still really enjoyed it. Brill.

Blog Entries

Written as I watched.

First shot too long, could have put some titles here maybe and intro music.

Cars parking is dull but sets scene well. Like the gmg music.

Nice shots of people.

Car skiddy shots are nice but all shot from same position so repetitive.

Nice use of slo mo, but dont talk when u film ! Sounds like you are shagging !!!

Stills at end nice but what about titles?

Here is one of my fav films i have made of a 'sporting' event, rather different, where I blagged access, my camera is a vx9000 and looks pro and I acted 'official' so we got media access and interviews. It is also cut tight to the music, even tho it is classical. http://www.zaskarfilms.com/filmPages/badmintonpage.htm

refreash page if it dont play aftyer 30s, bug on site.
    Acess is the key for a film like this. You can blag quite a lot if your camera looks pro and you act pro, print off a fake business card, get a press card, butter up the organisers, then you can often get close to the action and really get great shots.

How about interviews with the drivers?

Editing wise, hated the box fades (just me i expect) and maybe you could have edited tight to the music for a pop vid pacey vibe ?

Great film, loved it, thanks.

Blog Entries

Found this picture of me 'spoofing' the real media, I have small cameras too but this sony vx9000e (under 1000 on e bay) was purchased with the aim of blagging access on shots and getting good stuff out of members of the public for vox pops.
    http://www.zaskarfilms.com/images/Pe...ics/ladies.jpg

It may not quite be a DSR-570 but it does the job. The shot gun mic in my friends hand on hte left also adds gravitas (and great sound), as does the h phones. I prefer to use small in hte ear phones for monitoring sounds but these look more persuasive.

With a get up like this and a bit of front I can blag all sorts of access, getting on the stage when a band is playing is a cinch, doing the hunt film the PR people arranged interviews for us (we just said we were freelancers). The only time this approach has failed was when we tried to blag our way into the count at the last elctions.... no press pass no access, even tho we did get into the press room for free sarnies, coffee and journo chat.

I keep meaning to get a press card too, this is really useful if you go on 'jiggy' demos too. The police will probably leave you alone if you flash a press card and will probably not confiscate your camera or tape if things get really exciting, but dont depend on it.

6. Default

thanks for your input guys, notes taken
    Live from Norwich !

Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar
    Here is one of my fav films i have made of a 'sporting' event, rather different, where I blagged access, my camera is a vx9000 and looks pro and I acted 'official' so we got media access and interviews. It is also cut tight to the music, even tho it is classical. http://www.zaskarfilms.com/filmPages/badmintonpage.htm

i was waiting for the Badmington Match to start ! It was a Village
    Live from Norwich !

Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport

Blog Entries

Arrr, yes, actually posted the wrong filme there, I meant to p[ost this one, also from badminton but it is about a fox hunt, doh !

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/filmPages/foxhuntpage.htm

9. Default

thats better, at least its got people in it

very good indeed
    Live from Norwich !

Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport