Thread: Freecom Classic HD question

Default Freecom Classic HD question

I have just recently purchased a Freecom Classic External HD as I want to copy files off my PC. It seems to work fine, it's fast and quiet, the problem is I seem to be unable to save flies larger than 4GB. I have a number of video files at 4, 4.5 and 5GB and everytime I try and save them from the hard disk onto the Freecom it tells me the disk is full even though the properties of the disk says it has 107GB free. The Freecom is formatted to FAT32. If you have this Freecom model or a similar one, are you experiencing the same problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

can't do it - file sizes are limited to <4GB on a FAT32 system

it has nothing to do with the manufacturer/make/model of your drive

If your drive can be formatted NTFS then you can have larger file sizes

sorry
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Thanks for the info CrkMStanz, I now remember reading about the different file systems and I see now why I couldn't store any 4GB files on the drive. I will definitely try and reformat the drive to NTFS when I get my PC back from the shop, just left it in yesterday. It's a pity I didn't remember this on Tuesday and Wednesday...ah well I'll now better in future.