Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting the film look

Default getting the film look

does anyone know the best way to get a film look in adobe premiere? are there any good plugins you can recommend to achieve this?

thanks

Blog Entries

Thank you for your reply

There are a few around to choose from and i donít really want to buy one if itís not very good at giving that film look so if you could offer a bit of advice i would appreciate it. From your own experience which would you say is the best package to go for? If you have not used any of the above have you heard any positive results from any of the above ones listed?

Again thanks for any help you can offer

Blog Entries

I have used all of them, and have posted a review of magic bullets at http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...2_articleid/76

The first two on the list are the only two that are specifically designed for colour grading - the other two are perhaps overkill if this is the only reason you are buying them.

More to the point, what exactly are you looking for when you say 'film look'. I took this to mean colour grading, but you might have meant something completely different.

What are you aiming to achieve?

Hello

I have some HD footage and i would like to apply some kind of filter to it to give it a film look like something you see when watching a proper DVD movie.

Thanks

Blog Entries

This is going to sound like stating the obvious, but film looks like film because of its unique characteristics. A major difference in the frame rate: film is shot at 24fps. Then you have the unique grain of film and not to mention studio lights, and amazingly good looking people. You'll never get video to mimic film, but you can make it have a film look.

But even if you actually shot on film, it'll still look like a piece of shit if you don't get everything else right. Why do you want your home movie to look liek film?

Hi

Itís not a home movie its a little piece i shot and put together i just wanted to give it that kind of professional look to it i also heard you can make it 24P in the software is that correct? i tried the Z1 which i think does 24P and could not really see any difference in it. oh yeah and most of the people in movies are not good looking thatís make up and lights for you see them in real life and you may think different.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jo
    i also heard you can make it 24P in the software is that correct?
    Not somthing I would suggest doing. I assume you are from North America?

uk

Blog Entries

Then I'm surprised your camera had an option for 24p. Anyways, if I were you I'd stick with colour grading using Magic Bullets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast