Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Title Rendering - Large

Default Premiere Title Rendering - Large

Hello to all as this is my first post and probebly the start of a couple million other questions too...

I am completely new to video editing and anything related thereto, but hopefully not for too long as the bug has bitten me real good!

Right, on to my question:
    I was doing the StarWars type title tutorial for Premiere Pro as explained on the most helpful video tut of wrigleyvideo.com. All went well for my first attemp so what I thought to do to make it a little more interesting, was to add an mp3 music track to this title (just to get everyone warm and fuzzy). I imported the mp3, and placed it into Audio 1. All is working just beautifully.

So now time to export this thing as a movie. I left everything on default. I am exporting it to avi to add to a compilation that I'll put together with encore later. So I click file>export>movie and get it started, it then tells me it is rendering frame x of 4205 and will take me about 3+ hours. The total time in the time line is 2min 45sec.

This seems awfully time consuming for such a short title.

Where have I messed up?
    Can anyone please help and thanks in advance?

sage, welcome to the board. The first thing you'll get asked by anyone reading this is to provide the specs of your PC. 3+ hours for such a short clip does seem a bit long though.

JT, thanks for that. I have added my pc specs to my sig so I don't forget in the future.

Also I removed the mp3 from the sequence and tried to render that and got the same result.

Thanks.
    PC SPECS
    Chaintech 9CJS Zenith
    Intel P4 2.8Ghz
    Radeon 9800XT 256MB
    2Gig Kingmax RAM

sage, you don't mention your HDD setup.

Also,

1. Make sure you don't have any unnecessary background processes on the go when you export

2. When was the last time you defragmented your drives(s)?

3. How much space do you have left?

Cheers

JT, thanks again for the pointers. I may not know much about graphics and video making and editing but I've been nursing this baby for quite some time

I do not believe that it is Hardware related as I have previously rendered a photo sequence and it did it in a flash.

But yes you are right, we first need to illiminate the obvious.

Current disk is 6% fragmented and has 95GB free on my main partition.
    Is 95GB sufficient?

I have minimum processes running at all times, only what I need for security and virus protection.
    mmmmm....I don't know what else to mention about my hardware...

Again thanks for trying to help so far, I really do appreciate it. I need to pull finger with this though as my wife is taking the photo compilation with her on a trip in 10 days. Else I will just have to exclude the sound until I can figure this thing out.

Thanks again,
    sage.
    PC SPECS
    Chaintech 9CJS Zenith
    Intel P4 2.8Ghz
    Radeon 9800XT 256MB
    2Gig Kingmax RAM

Everything seems fine sage.

This may sound really daft but why don't you just try and let it run the 3 hours to export and see what you get.

The other thing you could try is converting the MP3 file to a wav file before adding it to your project. I use MP3s all the time in Premiere Elements with no problems at all so I don't think that's the issue but you may as well try a couple of things.

You might also want to check your default settings and post them up here for people to have a look at. It could be as simple as tweaking them slightly. Maybe the default has been changed somehow.

Jumping into this a bit late but I read this as you are producing a standarda Star Wars credit roll i.e. fade off into the distance.

Please describe your timeline. i.e. how long the clip is and what transitions/effects/control you have on it.

I suspect that it will simply take that long to render rather than you have other problems. You likely have 3D transformation on the clip along wioth other effects. I suggect you just let it render and see what comes out.

Don't compare an animated clip with stills. The work for a still is calculated once. For an animated clip, it will have to apply all transitions and effects for every single frame. It takes time.

JT & Alan,

Ok guys, I just let the thing run to see what the outcome would be. It ended up only taking about 18 minutes in the end and created an avi file of 620MB for the 2min 45 sec timeline.

So...I suppose in future I will just run the thing first to see how true the predictions are that it is giving regarding duration

Is the 620MB size about right and could I make it smaller. It seems so large for something that's just scrolling text fading in the dark?

Thanks,
    Sage
    PC SPECS
    Chaintech 9CJS Zenith
    Intel P4 2.8Ghz
    Radeon 9800XT 256MB
    2Gig Kingmax RAM

Nice one sage, glad you got it sorted.

I think the rough calculation is 1 gig for every 5 minutes of video so the size of your file is about right.

How do you (your wife) plan to show it? If it's on a laptop just leave it as is. If you're going to email it people recommend encoding to wmv. If you want it on DVD then it has to be be MPEG2

Hi all, new here today, so go easy on me
    I too tried the classic star wars intro, got it working ok in the end, but the scrolling text is a bit choppy, i was just wondering if this is to do with streching it out to make it run slower? if so can it be smoothed out all?

running on premier pro 1.5 here.

I am all new to this video editing stuff, just been at it a couple of weeks or so now, but intend to become the next speilberg and make many many millions

Glad to have found this most exellent forum.
    May the force be with you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast