Thread: The ideal video editing rig

Default The ideal video editing rig

since i'm building my rig, piece by piece, can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide that lists what parts you'd want to get in order to make a great video editing rig? i tried searching for one last nite, and found one or two good ones, but i want something that says "this is the mobo you'd want...", "for a good HDD go get...", etc. i'd also like to see perhaps a guide that has 3 different types of rigs - an expensive high end one, a normal one and a budget one.

the way i buy things is i like to start from the top - the expensive, out of my budget product - then work my way down to something just out of my reach but is the best product that i can realistically imagine ever having. since i'm married and have a mortgage, i can only invest so much in this hobby, but i like to feel good knowing i have the best product possible.

i checked the guide on this site, in the Perfect Editing PC forum, but those links point to articles from '04, and i'd like something just a bit more current. i want this rig to last me for quite some time.

thanks.

Blog Entries

i checked that last nite and didn't find anything. i googled what i was looking for and there's mostly articles for "building the ultimate gaming rig", which i assume is quite different than a video editing rig.

Blog Entries

You won't find what you're looking for I'm afraid. You need to look at this from a different angle: every single review will include benchmarks. You need to look at the video benchmarks for an idea of how the component performs in video editing (typically encoding).