Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My video editing rig - piece by piece

Default My video editing rig - piece by piece

so, i decided to build my own rig. since i already saved up the money i'm gonna use to buy my wife's XMas gifts, whatever i get in my paychecks from here on out gets to go towards myself. so now, piece by piece, i'm going to build my rig. i figured i'd keep a running log of what i get. keep in mind my bro-in-law has *some* of the parts i'm gonna need, so i won't need everything. for instance, i already have 1 Gig of RAM waiting to go, a 160 Ghz HDD.

1. HP DVD740i 16X Internal Double Layer DVD Writer - I like this one, it has this thing called "LightScribe" technology where it burns the image onto the DVD itself rather than you putting paper labels on. i think that's awesome. of course, going forward i can only buy DVD-Rs that support LightScribe, but i think it's worth it.

2. Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5000/Laser Mouse - ok, so i splurged here. that keyboard is unnecessary, but i kinda wanted a laser mouse so shoot me.

that's it for now, next paycheck i'm getting my MOBO.

Blog Entries

My guess is that you'll use LighScribe one then be pissed off at how long it takes...

i plan on having my current PC (which will still be my "general use" rig once my video editing rig is complete) at the same station/desk, so while i'm printing DVDs or waiting for my work to save i'll just log on the internet or play a game. i lack the attention span to stare at a screen and twiddle my thumbs while something is loading.

Blog Entries

I suppose. Just that whenever I produce a DVD, I normally do at least 5 copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    I suppose. Just that whenever I produce a DVD, I normally do at least 5 copies.
    do you ever keep the finished product on your HDD, or once it's on DVD do you delete the files?

Blog Entries

I keep them for as long as I think the client will come back and ask for a copy. After that I acrchive to a Master DVD (just the finished project) and delete the source files.

If it's my own, I use the project manager to trim the Adobe Project and keep this on my HDD.

Just ordered anther part:

3. Western Digital Raptor 74GB

9. Default

Hi, I am presently starting my own business as a videographer, would like to get your advise on the lightscribe burner.

Is it reliable? Compare to traditional sticker label which you prefer & why? Thanks!

I am still undecided whether to use label or lightscribe disc for my customer....... :

Blog Entries

Use neither. I would suggest you use whitetop printable discs, and use a direct to disc printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast