Thread: Short Flying Video - No Narration this time!

Default Short Flying Video - No Narration this time!

I stayed away from narrating this one, so yet to try out Irishmarks Stockings... Toyed around with a star wars intro for something different. And worked more on keeping the horizon level on different angled shots, paraglider pointed that out in the last one..........thought no one would notice....

It's short 2:17 mins, but rendered in 640 * 480

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=trike20051113

Cheers,

Damien

Blog Entries

What I liked:

The sequence from 1:11 to 1:19. I like the angle of the shot and because it's static, it just 'works'.

Shots with your shadow. It would be great if you could get rid of the buggy completely in post and just have that shadow moving accross the desert.

Wasn't too keen on some of the rough footage used such as the hand panning the camera... but I loved watching it for the scenary!

Great footage.

Bitty though,
    Four music changes over that time period is too much. I agree on the hand panning of the camera (should have been on the cutting room floor)

I think you are ready to move on from the music montage and film some more support material.

A film should tell a story. So what's the story?

What do you look like? Where do you fly? How do you rig for launch? How far do you go? etc etc

Hope these comments are useful, once again stunning footage!

Yeah have to agree with paragliding, keep the music tracks to minimal in such a short running time.

Also....I think even a short sequence of preparation,take off and landing would lend it some continuity, rather than starting and ending in the air.

My fav shots are from your left wing and you're banking; the viewer can see you, the trike and the ground. You should turn and give a wave to the wingcam for an outro too.

I'd love to employ your services to get some ariel shots of the beautiful tropical islands we dive from. Theres never any paragliders around in Thailand, Malaysia etc.....(we did find one to do some filming in Oz tho').

Neil (hoping sanity claws will bring a bulletcam for xmas)
    If you don't stand for something....you'll fall for anything!

All,

Yes, hand panning shot was not very "professional". I kept it in more as a "hey look how easy it is to line up the camera for different shots"...

I'm definetly getting slack in regards to an intro/outro. One Intro I did which I got some good feedback on was for this video (it was never posted here):

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=cabezon

I'm getting bored of videoing the local terrain as its all the same, so I need to start taking trips to more exotic places, plan out the videos better. I feel I've got the flying camera work 90% perfected, now its just down to shelling out intro/outro and having a theme/story to follow.

Saw paraglidings first narration video. Look like an interesting take off! I flew with some ppg's once and got some footage of them. Its a real old video, but you may like the paragliding footage:

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=bf050716

Thanks for the feedback, gives me plenty to work on!

Cheers,

Damien

P.S. Neil, send me a private message, I have lots of footage lying around and need to compress it to MPEG2 to spare up disk space (or throw it out!)

Don't get bored videoing the local terrain, we have seen that nuch of it yet.

Andre's take off on my video was 'very interesting' I agree!

Andre was testing Ian's home built trike in combination with a very awkward wing on a day when it was really just a bit too windy to fly.

I watched the PPG balloon video you posted.

You have come a long way (since elbow cam )

Keep em coming

Mark