Thread: Dazzle Capture Problems....

Default Dazzle Capture Problems....

Hey guys, i just signed up to post this because you guys seem like you could be some help!

Ok i have a dazzle 90, and whenever i try to capture in a high resolution for some reason it lags and jerks really bad, so i can never seem to get a good quality capture. The highest resolution i can get without it jerking is like 320 x 288.

So, i decided to get a new capture device, i was looking at dazzle fusion but saw loads of bad reviews on it.

Can anybody reccomend a usb capture device that can cap high resolution without lagging?

My computer has 512 ram and 1.5ghz processer.

Any help would be great,
    thanks

nobody? :(

I just de-fragmented and that didnt help either...:(

The sad thing is, that my dazzle 90 used to capture perfectly without any lag or jerking and now its just messing up...

Until I traded up I used to use a Dazzle Fusion and had no issues whatsoever. PC spec I used was:
    Windows XpPro
    1 Gb Ram
    Athlon 1800+

the only reason I traded up was that I was getting a new PC and had a realtime render/capture card put in it.

Hi ThraXed

Your processor is on the slow side at only 1.5ghz and I would forget about the Dazzle equipment and anything else to do with USB. Buy yourself a firewire cable and PCI firewire card if your computer doesn't already have a firewire port and use this set up all the time. See if you can upgrade your processor to at least a 2.5 or 2.6ghz, get a second hard disk, upgrade your graphics card aswell (personally speaking to 256mb). And again I have to agree with Alan saying he has 1Gb of Ram, it will make things run so much better having extra memory.

With the mention of Dazzle equipment I somewhat assumed this question was regarding capturing analgue video from a VCR or something. Is this assumption correct? or are yoiuy just trying to capture from a video camera. If so then what camera and does it have a firewire port.

If you can use firewire then use it. Simple as that.