Thread: Customising DVD menus with elements

1. Default Customising DVD menus with elements

I've just finished my first dvd with elements, and was happy with everything except the dvd menu part. A few questions here. Have a go at them all or just pick a favourite question!

I couldn't seem to customise these much - could only get 3 choices on one screen and two on another - I wanted four on one and 1 on another. Am I stuck with pre-sets or is there a secret to changing them?

Also, can you load different time lines into the one dvd menu or do they have to all be on the one time line to start with?

And, for some reason, the thumbnail didn't come up on the screen. Who knows what I did wrong. can anyone point me in the direction of some things I could try?

Any tips very muchly appreciated.

I'm guessing your using premiere elements 1.0. In 2.0 you have a lot more control over the dvd menus. You can only use 1 timeline per dvd, but you can put multiple videos on that timeline then use a marker at that spot to set up a scene selecter for the begining of that clip. Now you can change the dvd menus configuration if you edit them in photoshop.

3. Default

Thanks so much - I did what you suggested, but I was wondering if there was a better way. I guess not. Thanks heaps for the info.