Thread: What's better than Encore on the PC?

Default What's better than Encore on the PC?

I'm looking for any DVD Authoring software that is better than Adobe Encore and that would compete with Apple's DVD Studio Pro.

After having a strop some time ago I moved away from the MAC, Final Cut Pro 3 & 4 and DVD Studio Pro 2 in favour of using a PC, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Encore (cost and speed being two of the main issues) however, after having been used to the flexibility and options available in DVD Studio Pro 2, (which is now onto version 4) I find Adobe Encore extremely basic, and some of the simple things I used to take for granted in DVD-SP2, like multiple angles and variables just don't seem to exist in Encore.

Therefore I was wondering if there were other applications out there for DVD authoring on the PC that are better than Encore, because if I end up going back to the MAC to get back some of the features I'm starting to find I need, I'm going to end up having to spend a minor fortune to upgrade my current MAC system to compete with the workflow speed I have with my two PC's.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't used it but I've read that DVD Lab Pro is excellent and comes recommended. You could also have a look at TMPGEnc DVD Author as well. Both are meant to be fairly flexible but DVD Lab Pro has a fairly steep learning curve.

Good luck

Darn it. Thanks for that. I checked out the website for it and it all looked extremely promising, until I looked at the Future Plans list and saw that Multiple angles were to come.

Other than that, a lot of what it has to offer is a lot more than what Encore has to offer, and considering the price, I'd say it may well be a much better application.

At present, I'm still looking towards the prospect of DVD-SP4 and FCP5, although my MAC system will only be able to work on the current standards, if I get to move into HD next year I will have to look into a new computer, and that's where more serious money starts.

Thanks for pointing that one to me, at least I know there are other alternatives to Encore.