Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Studio 10 is here what are your thoughts

1. Default Well Studio 10 is here what are your thoughts

Bought 10 the day it was released.

Didnt go for the upgrade as a new version on a new PC was a better option.
    Leaving me with one 3.2 ghz pc with 9.4 on and a a new pc - a Athlon 64 3800+ 2.41 ghz with 2 gig of Ram for the new studio 10.

Ok then loaded up and then started to edit. and trim a clip,
    Locked up.

mmm i thought not a good start, exactly same problems as 9.

So of i went and found the Patch to cure the problems.

Before the patch i had sound problems with slowdown of MP3 file music on the finnished version of a film.

With loads of other bug which includes locking up.
    The Patched fixed a few, but Lock up is normal.

A new bug i have found is when using motion Thumb nails, the program locks when renderinmg thefinal DVD.
    So by un- Motion the thumbnails everything is ok.

With all the bugs, ive gone back to using 9.4 on my 3.2 GHZ PC this still locks up and i have to save ( while editing ) every 30 seconds :(

Anyone else having problems ?
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Default Re: Well Studio 10 is here waht are your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gardner
    Before the patch i had sound problems with slowdown of MP3 file music on the finnished version of a film.
    The exact same thing happened to me with 9.4 until I patched it to 9.4.3.

3. Default

before the patch studio 10 is just un useable - but you have to find out the hard way.

There should be a warning on the box - " Do Not use as this will not work properly - Please Patch up first " :(
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

Default Studio 10

I am very dissapointed to see that Studio 10 is full of bugs. I have just uninstalled 9.many and bought a new full version Studio 10 plus. I have just started a new project in it and the only problem showing at the moment is stuttering transitions and on the title line it will not accept a fade in and out on a title. I am currently looking for other products to trial.

people are already complaining about studio 10. weeks after the launch, a patch is being released...

studio was always considered a good budget software for beginners but with major stability issues which made it unacceptable to many. the new version promised an improved, liquid-based platform. avid had their chance and they blew it.

Am very disappointed so far..

I bought the upgrade to studio 10 plus -

The pan/zoom doesn't work and the Picture in picture is now blocked and it says you need to pay extra for this..

since I previously used studio 9 plus which included these (and they still should be included as far as I know) I am unimpressed.

The pinnacle forums are full of of people unable to do standard transistions, create their own titles etc since they all have a pinnacle logo splashed across them..

I am going to just say DO NOT BUY and leave it at that. :cry:

I purchased the Version 10 hoping that all the hype would be worth it and that some of the new features would be beneficial. Needless to say I have been shut down for over a week now trying my darndest to get back to working. NOTHING is working right now even after completely removing version 10 and going back to version 9.4 which I was content with and a happy camper. I am going to basically give up on Pinnacle and request a full refund on the product if I do not get working in the next day or so. I have never been so frustrated with something in my life and needless to say when I need it working the most. I have several other projects that I have to have done this week and having to utilize other options to get them done. The Pinnacle Forum is just up in arms right now with many different problems being reported. I just want my 9.4 up and running once more.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

There is a very simple adage in Computers, which is obviously relevant for version 10 and that is - "if it aint broke don't try and fix it." I think its a very useful point to consider before upgrading anything. David

Default test any new versions elsewhere before discarding the old

What makes more sense to me is for people to test a newer version before installing over or uninstalling the current version of any software product one is using, especially if you have deadlines or are in the middle of any project.

In my travels over the years, I've seen this happen to people countless times where they install a new version of software over an older one that is working fine and run into the type of problem where it breaks their operation.

I don't know why people do this, but the software engineering method is to install and test every upgrade or new component elsewhere where it won't effect a production environment before deploying it production.

More often than not, people don't really need the new functionality, they just want it or want to keep up with the latest version, for whatever reason. That mindset just makes money for corporations and almost always gives frustration and pain to end-users.

So, bottom line is, make sure you really need the latest version and if you do, don't install it right away on your currently functioning environment. Test it somewhere else to see if it will perform the way you need it to. Then, when it comes time to install a new version over a currently operational version, if it is "mission critical", make sure you get a backup of your current environment before the upgrade, and make sure you can successfully restore from that backup in the event it is necessary. All mission critical environments should be backed up periodically in any case.

I know it doesn't help solve Scooter's problem, but maybe this change in mindset will help prevent others from a lot of frustration and wasted time.

I think Pinnacle should provide users with trial versions of their software. All other major companies do (Ulead, Adobe etc.). If you want to try Pinnacle Studio (or Liquid), you just have to buy it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast