Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Export to DVD in Prem Pro??

Default Export to DVD in Prem Pro??

Okay I've edited my captured video to about 1hr 14mins. If I choose the Export to DVD option, how do I make it not burn to the DVD after the encoding as finished? As I only have a DVD+R and would like to make chapters and a nice opening screen to the DVD when it plays in a standalone DVD Recorder.

And if it encodes the edited video to fit a DVD disc, how do I fit all the interactive elements onto the DVD? Will there be enough space left to do that? I was hoping that because you can fit 2hrs of DVD quality video onto a DVD+R disc, that this would leave me space to add these extra elements?

maybe this is a blindingly obvious logic question that is going right over my head but...

try

not choosing 'export to DVD'

choose Export/Movie

or

Export/Adobe media encoder

good luck
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

In Premiere Elements the export to DVD option lets you write to a folder as well as burn to a disc. I would imagine Pro lets you do this too.

You can then use what's in the folder in a DVD authoring package to achieve what you want.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your replies, sorry new to all this...

So when I choose the Export to Adobe Media Encoder, are these the right settings I need to output to a DVD?

And then I can use Adobe Encore DVD to make it fancy including chapter markers?

And how long does it take to encode, will it be more than a cup of tea's length?

I do have TMPGEnc 3.0 Express, is that better to use than the Adobe Encoder?

That looks fine to me but a more experienced eye may suggest otherwise.

I'd stick to Pro if you are going to use Encore.

How long will it take depends on your PC but I'd suggest you get it up and running then have a cup of tea, go for a walk, read a bit of your favourite book and then wait a bit more.

Good luck

....and watch the Rugby and Football internationals aswell. lol 5hrs later and it's still going!! I did stick with Pro, apparently it's rendering now.

I would not use adobe media encoder - I would use file/export/movie to create a Raw AVI for later use in Adobe Encore

And if you are at 5+ hours I'd say its hung, and you are probably gonna have to restart.
    My System Specs:

Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Well it did, finally complete it, it took 6 hours!! :o but it was 1hr 14 mins long.

I really lost now though, because I haven't got an MPG file as a result, i've got something called a M2V File, a Wave Sound file, and something called a XMPSES File ????

How do I create a DVD with all of those?? I was hoping to create a simple looking DVD, nothing too fancy. Maybe I should have chosen the Export to DVD option.

As I suggested above

Use File/Export/Movie

This will create a single .AVI file easily imported into Encore
    My System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by JackJollyJones
    "I really lost now though, because I haven't got an MPG file as a result, i've got something called a M2V File, a Wave Sound file"
    Well done, they are the 2 files you'll need to lay on the timeline in your chosen DVD authoring programme to be able to make the final DVD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast