Thread: should I buy Premiere 6.0?

Default should I buy Premiere 6.0?

Hey guys -
    I was finally planning to buy a registered software for my editing and was thinking on the lines of Premiere 6.0 - any comments/warnings?

I was planning on starting a small 'production label', nothing flash...just edit stuff and upload online and stuff, so does it lack any 'power' or have any bugs? Im getting a real good deal from a friend which expires in 3 days so Im a little of a hurry

Any advice highly appreciated.

- Bahut Dhanyavad (Thank you very much)
    \"Sorry Im new to the addiction of BROADBAND\"

Depends what you're planning on doing with it really. If you're just using simple chops, cuts and pastes and so on, you'd probably be ok with Premiere Elements v2.

I'm not sure what the DVD authoring is like on V2 though - I believe it has been upgraded from version 1 (I have version 1 and the DVD authoring is very limited)

What sort of things were you planning to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    I have version 1 (of Premiere Elements) and the DVD authoring is very limited)
    which is not nearly as limiting as the DVD authoring in Premiere 6 - which will, at most, have a simple 'export to DVD' option like Premiere Pro.

So if your requirements are fairly simple and you want to build DVDs with menus then Elements is your answer.

Thanks Mike and Alan,

As of now I intend using it only for exporting to video and editing - I dont intend doing much DVD stuff. I was wondering editing wise if it lacks any 'punch'.
    And also its not one of those softwares that will get outdated right - in the sense there's no danger of this 'super editing software' coming out that would make Premiere 6.0 render useless?? (pun intended )

by elements you mean the basic Adobe Premier 6.0 right? Little confusted with all the 'pros' and 'elements'-

Dhanyavad again.

Nope - Premiere Elements is supposedly a "cut down" version of Premiere Pro, but at a fraction of the cost of the full one.

I've not used Premiere 6 much, but if I had the choice between the two, I really would use Premiere Elements 2.

ok cool - thanks,
    will keep that in mind -