Thread: issues with import...

Default issues with import...

I imported a number of 30min clips from my DV cam in DV-AVI format, tried importing it to Adobe Premier PRO 7.0, and all the clips seem to not function past 5 min, the audio turns into a buzz, and the video will not proceed, i have included a screen shot with the hopes that some one can help? i have not done any thing with the video, have allowed every thing to be done that premier wants, now i just want my video to be workable :(

Warning, fullsized full quality 1280x1024 screenshot

http://tenjin.us/issues.jpg

Nice touch having the vcideo editing forums website minimised in the picture

I guess the first thing to test is if the problem is Premier pro specified or a problem in the captured file themselves. The highlighted area, to me, shows me that Premier Pro sees the files as containign the nonsense you say it plays.

Outside of premiere pro, try double clicking on the AVI files themselves. Do they play ok? do you get the same thing? If so then it looks like the capture has gone weird and you have corrupted capture files.

How did you capture the clips from the camera? what s/w was used and with what settings?

Also, and I'm not sure this is the problem, make sure your HDD is formatted as NTFS and not FAT32. I don't think that five minutes of captuyre (presumably stanbdard def) will have reached the FAT32 files size limit but check anyway. IF you do find you have FAT32 then change it to NTFS asap.

Also, with Premiere, make sure you have plenty of disk space free on your work drive and your scratch drive as well. Also, make sure that are all WELL defragged before you open Premiere. All these things DO make a difference.

Alan

Nice touch having the vcideo editing forums website minimised in the picture
    figgured it would work well

Outside of premiere pro, try double clicking on the AVI files themselves. Do they play ok? do you get the same thing? If so then it looks like the capture has gone weird and you have corrupted capture files.
    Plays with out missing a beat, assisde from an occasional studder, but i get the fealing that media player isnt happy loading 6+ gigs a whack

How did you capture the clips from the camera? what s/w was used and with what settings?
    This maybe where the mistake / issue lies .. i used MS movie maker as i wanted to beable to look at websites while i pulled the video, for some reason premier pro gets mad when you switch windows ... horse power isnt much of an issue to beable to due that as i run an AMD 64 4800 x2
    2 gigs of ram and a stripped set of raptors

Also, and I'm not sure this is the problem, make sure your HDD is formatted as NTFS and not FAT32. I don't think that five minutes of captuyre (presumably stanbdard def) will have reached the FAT32 files size limit but check anyway. IF you do find you have FAT32 then change it to NTFS asap.
    ntfs all theway

Also, with Premiere, make sure you have plenty of disk space free on your work drive and your scratch drive as well. Also, make sure that are all WELL defragged before you open Premiere. All these things DO make a difference.
    i do not have a defined seperate scratch disk, got about 20 gigs free (not insane, but should be plenty as im only working with a 6 gb file ?)

I will try and pull the video again