Thread: what s/w should I get?

Default what s/w should I get?

I just returned from a trip to africa and I have 3 hrs of minidv video that I want to burn to dvd. The video is great but the sound is terrible, half the time sounding like the wind is blowing very strong.

Is there any video editing software that would also help me clean up the audio? I have a limited budget.

If it's wind noise against the microphone then I suspect youare pretty well scuppered.

You can get it better though. Download the trial of Adobe Encore, then pop along to wrigleyvideo and download his excellent noise reduction tutorial.

You won't get it perfect but it should be a bit better. unless of course, you're better than me at drifing the s/w....

Alan
    Did You Mean Audition? . I had a play with that once and decided although I could "loan" it for an extended period b4 parting with cash, I couldnt get my simple head round it. I just stick with Sound Forge which i have managed to get familiar with. Are any of these programs any good at sorting out the microphones incessant pickup of wind sounds though? Do you have any experience with Audition: just what exactly does it do very well??
    ( lots of questions I know..
    PS: I have browsed the sound problems section, maybe not well enough??
    Where greatness is possible excellence is not enough

We're talking religion again...

Download some trials, see how each of them fits you, then decide. Easy isn't it?

Default hmm

Wind is a common problem, you aint gonna get anything to cure it! I guess thats why the pro's have their mic in a windsock. The best thing to do is to cut out the audio altogether, probably boring anyway. Then mix the video with some funky music! Just keep the bits of audio with animal noises/other important bits.

I suggest Ulead Media Studio 7, powerful and easy to get to grips with.

You may also want to consider cutting out all the boring, elongated irrelevant sections, the shaky camerawork and annoying overuse of zooming whilst your at it. Then top it off with lots of creative effects. Then people might actually be interested to watch it... this is assuming your video is anything like my Sisters home video of South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by senu
    Alan
    Did You Mean Audition? .
    yes

And as to 'religion'. Of course you're right but I simply quote the tool I'm personally familiar with and I know can do the job at hand.