Thread: PAL to NTSC

Default PAL to NTSC

I have completed a film in PAL format and would now like to replicate it in NTSC.
    I have all the finished PAL AVI files (also my camera tapes but without any editing, so would prefer to use the AVI files) and would like to know if I use these in Premier 6.5 and create an NTSC project and then do a final NTSC author finish (DVDLAB PRO), what problems will occur in the finshed product. I don't have a NTSC DVD player to test anything myself, but if I play it on Power DVD, am I actually seeing (even though poor quality) the film in NTSC.

Default Re: PAL to NTSC

Quote Originally Posted by meridklt
    I have completed a film in PAL format and would now like to replicate it in NTSC.
    I have all the finished PAL AVI files (also my camera tapes but without any editing, so would prefer to use the AVI files) and would like to know if I use these AVI files in Premier 6.5 and create an NTSC project and then do a final NTSC author finish (DVDLAB PRO), what problems will occur in the finshed product. I don't have a NTSC DVD player to test anything myself, but if I play it on Power DVD, am I actually seeing (even though poor quality) the film in NTSC.

Blog Entries

A DV fomat converter from Pure Motion: http://www.puremotion.com/dvconverter/index.htm