Thread: Use Dazzle 80 from 2003 with Studio 10?

Default Use Dazzle 80 from 2003 with Studio 10?

I bought a Dazzle 80 in 2003 but barely used it. When I installed it on a new computer end of 2004, I was informed by Pinnacle that they bought the old company and that I needed to buy their new Studio software. I wasn't interested at the time but now I would like to use the device and purchase the latest software.

Is the Dazzle 90 superior to the 80 in any way; should I move up and get Moviebox? I'm interested in transferring VHS to DVD.

Thank you for your input. I would be running the device through a high speed USB on a Gateway with Pentium 4 3.0, 1 gig of memory, 180 gig harddrive, Nvidia card, Audigy sound card.

Firewire is the way to go for digital, and a dedicated PCI board for analog. I say you get the MovieBox device, or you can look for Studio AV/DV, which for about the same price will give you both analog and digital capture capabilities, with improved quality when compared to any USB thingy.

I bought Moviebox with Studio 9; it hung during installation, but while it was hanging I downloaded and installed the patch to 9.4.3; when the machine asked me to restart after installing the patch I clicked yes, and then the hanging installation came to life and finished. After restart the software ran fine and I captured about an hour of old VHS video that I'm looking forward to enhancing and editing.

Good.