Thread: Preview through DV Camera on TV Monitor

Default Preview through DV Camera on TV Monitor

I am trying but cannot manage.
    After changing the Playback settings to play on DV Hardware, I have connected through firewire the computer to the camera, and the camera screen does play the preview. The problem is that as soon as I connect the camera to the TV via either Composite or SVideo cable the preview is not shown on neither screens and instead the image shows the regular blue screen with the VCR functions of my camera.
    Has anybody manage to get to preview through a camera this way?
    Thank you for your time
    js

Blog Entries

Perhaps this feature is not supported by your camcorder. It would help if you posted the make and model of your camcorder, and confirm the version of Premiere you are using.

also has your camera got DV out?

Blog Entries

I don't think that's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    I don't think that's an issue.
    im affraid it is-any way heres the guide:You can display the sequence on any monitor connected to your computer. Previewing on another monitor requires video hardware that provides an appropriate video port for the preview monitor. Some video-editing cards and operating-system software products support a preview monitor independent of the desktop, and others support a preview monitor that is contiguous with the desktop so that it can also function as additional space for windows and palettes. See the documentation that came with your video-editing card and operating-system software.

If you're editing a DV project, you can preview the sequence on a television monitor via your IEEE 1394 connection and DV camcorder or VCR. You can set up this option using Adobe Premiere Pro's built-in settings.

To preview on a monitor via a DV camera or deck:

1. Choose Project > Project Settings > General, and click the Playback Settings button.
    2. For Video Playback, check Play Video on DV Hardware if you want to preview video through the DV device to a television monitor. Video still appears in the Program view, but may look staggered. Leave the option unchecked to view video in the Monitor window only.
    3. For Audio Playback, choose the options you want:
    * Play Audio on DV Hardware previews audio through the DV device to external speakers only.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware plays the audio through the computer's hardware and speakers. This includes external speakers connected to your computer's sound card only.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware While Scrubbing, when checked, plays the audio through the computer's hardware when you drag the current-time indicator in the Timeline window, use the Program view's jog disk or shuttle slider, or drag its current-time indicator.
    4. For Real-Time Effects, choose an option:
    * Playback on DV Hardware and Desktop displays real-time playback on both the computer's monitor and through a DV device to a television monitor.
    * Playback on Desktop Only displays real-time playback on the computer's monitor only.
    5. For Export to Tape, choose an option:
    * Play Audio on DV Hardware plays audio through the DV device when exporting.
    * Play Audio on Audio Hardware plays audio through the computer's hardware and speakers during export.

TipThere can be a slight delay between the playback on the desktop and the playback on a television via a camcorder/VCR. If the video and audio seem out of sync, try to preview both video and audio through the same device.

Blog Entries

No, it's not an issue. By definition a 'DV' cam will have 'DV Out'. Some camcorders may have DV in disabled, but the OP stated:

I have connected through firewire the computer to the camera, and the camera screen does play the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    No, it's not an issue. By definition a 'DV' cam will have 'DV Out'. Some camcorders may have DV in disabled, but the OP stated:

I have connected through firewire the computer to the camera, and the camera screen does play the preview.
    sorry got me there-no seriously i hope u take my apolgie