Thread: Effect of taking a photograph and it's sounds...

Default Effect of taking a photograph and it's sounds...

Does anyone know how they can freeze a frame in Adobe Premiere Pro, and make it look like it's just been taken like a photo? i.e. with that just pressed shutter sound that you hear when you take a still photo?

Ideally I want it to pause for about 2 seconds, before the movie starts again?

I'd would be gratefully eternal if someone could point me in the direction of getting this effect into my edited video.

Blog Entries

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/files/photo.wmv

Place the timeline market at the point you want the photo take. Export a still, import back into the project. Razor at the same point, and insert the still at the razor point. Turn it B&W for added effect.

Rip the sound effect from my video.

Here are a couple of camera sounds

Single click - http://www.electrickiss.com/cam.wav
    Multiple click - http://www.electrickiss.com/multicam.wav

Hi thanks for the replies, and your examples they are exactly the kind of effect I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/files/photo.wmv

Export a still, import back into the project. Razor at the same point, and insert the still at the razor point. Turn it B&W for added effect.

Rip the sound effect from my video.
    So is it nothing to do with Freezing the frame? As I cannot find any information on exporting a still from the video. Do you have to do a Prt Screen and paste into Elements?

Blog Entries

file > export > frame

Default frame hold

If you dont want to export the still, you can just freeze frame at the desired point. Copy and paste the clip so that you have two identical clips on the timeline. Right click the second of the two then FRAME HOLD on the out point for the desired duration.
    If you don't stand for something....you'll fall for anything!

Have we seen a similar effect used in everything from The Matrix Flims to tv series such as Charmed (oooh those three young women, living in that big house all on there own...sorry I was getting carried away there) where they freeze frame a scene and you can see another actor walking behind let's say an object that was flying through the air. They must cut holes in the freeze frame video layer to allow a video layer below to show through.

Well I'm not that advanced yet lol, but I managed to do it, thanks for letting me know how to do it, and for supplying the wav camera sounds.

I'm now at the stage where there's a 3 second blink and you'll miss it piece of action, that I want to slow down. I have slowed it to a 3rd of it's usual speed, but does anyone have a suitable wav sound that I can put in place of the now distorted original audio, which will fill the slow motion video for 10 seconds?

Sorry, if I didn't explain that well, but basically the audio's slowed down now aswell, and it's sounds kinda spooky. So I need to fill it with something more suitable cheers.

Edit: For some reason now, when I insert the next clip at the end of the timeline, it doesn't take the audio track over with it? Just the video. Anyone know what I've done wrong? Sorry, new to all this, just trying to edit a holiday video.

When you changed the speed, did you click on the Maintain audio pitch button? May still not be suitable but might help.

As for the audio, generally, an avi or other imported file has the audio and video linked, but you can unlink these which is under the Clip / Unlink Audio & Video, or, if you hold the ALT key down when you select the video file, it will move it separately from the audio. To check if they're linked, when you click on the video timeline, the audio should highlight too, if not, you need to either relink the clip, or shift click on the audio as well.