Thread: Video of my brothers car

Default Video of my brothers car

Put this together the other day...
    http://www.factory8.com/private/25rs.wmv
    13MB, 3:45

Blog Entries

Hi Nathan.

Just watched it. The first ten seconds? Brilliant. Tight edits, Cool music, good blur motion effect and I thought "we are in for a treat here". I'm a car nut but so often the videos are dull and predictable.

And that's what went wrong here for me. After the title sequence it just didn't set me on fire.

Sorry Nathan. Don't want to seem too harsh. It's only an opinion. Chuck it in the bin. (My opinion, not the video )

Default steadiness

Its all good Nathan.....but I'd suggest a tripod to get steadier pans and maybe something to secure the camera inside the car too.
    If you don't stand for something....you'll fall for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    Hi Nathan.

Just watched it. The first ten seconds? Brilliant. Tight edits, Cool music, good blur motion effect and I thought "we are in for a treat here". I'm a car nut but so often the videos are dull and predictable.

And that's what went wrong here for me. After the title sequence it just didn't set me on fire.

Sorry Nathan. Don't want to seem too harsh. It's only an opinion. Chuck it in the bin. (My opinion, not the video )

Coming from someone who edits mostly car videos, Its very hard to make a video of one car seem not too boring, Ive been able to do it and make it look good and exciting, but for the most part, its near impossible to make it good if its focused on one thing. tha moral of the story is Change is good, whether its change of the cars, or camera angles or just changing frames to the beat of the music, thats the best advise i can give ya bro.

Heres kinda what im talkin about... this is made by me.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....3-EBC5BC3E5AB8

Blog Entries

Yeah Jizzo, Much more like it. Good variation of shots and interesting edits. Far more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzo
    Coming from someone who edits mostly car videos, Its very hard to make a video of one car seem not too boring, Ive been able to do it and make it look good and exciting, but for the most part, its near impossible to make it good if its focused on one thing. tha moral of the story is Change is good, whether its change of the cars, or camera angles or just changing frames to the beat of the music, thats the best advise i can give ya bro.
    Jizzo is right - use your imagination and learn by what other people have done. Take a look at others videos and work out how they did it. Really discect the edit.

It was good - next time get closer to the action. In your edit play with the brightness and contrast to make it more vibrant.