Thread: Which software

Default Which software

I have just bought a Sanyo DV camera and It produces a file called *****.mp4.

What is the best softawre to edit this format. Or do I need to convert it?

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

There is very little software for editing MP4 type files, so far. It's a fairly new compression standrard. You're probably better off converting to DV-AVI and editing the results.

MP4 is a video compression method that sacrifices quality for smaller file size, much like the comression used for DVDs which is MP2 (or more properly called MPEG-2). Files so compressed are not really intended for further editing, outside of simple cut and paste operations... and even those can cause problems.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Default Re: Which software

Quote Originally Posted by Andydhill@yahoo.com
    I have just bought a Sanyo DV camera and It produces a file called *****.mp4.

What is the best softawre to edit this format. Or do I need to convert it?
    use virtual dub mod (availble here )then use a NLE start with windows movie maker if you think thats boring then invest in somthing like Ppro