Thread: matrox rtx 100 card problem viewing stills

Default matrox rtx 100 card problem viewing stills

hi hope someone can help with this;

i captured using a matrox avi ,plays great all in timeline and on external monitor .

needed a sunset picture so resized a jpeg down to 768*576 72dpi and imported in ok , shows in the timeline ,but when i play all i see in the monitor is the big matrox X logo , which does look funky but nothing like my sunset

i tried using the same jpegs on another PC with prem pro no problems,so it must be the way ive configured the setup?

i have only had this new PC & matrox rtx for a day and i admit to being v.new to prem pro , so i think its something simple.

if any one reading this knows please tell this simple man

Default forgot to render !!

works now!

I had this same problem, and solved it by reinstalling X-tools. Later, it happened again, and the Matrox website were, frankly, not very helpful. It sounded like they had never encountered this before. They told me it was pixel dimensions, and I knew this wasn’t the cause.

Would you care to share how you fixed it?

Default a fluke!

iam assuming the capture with the matrox cardwas avi, and the picture a jpeg that was imported from oustide the matrox card.

when i rendered the jpeg it made it appear , iam making this up as i go by the way,

but it works so i can continue into the night

Ta for the quick reply. Rendering works, but this defeats its own purpose. The rtX can give realtime playback to some complex combinations of effects, this is the beauty of it.

The red line above the image (on the timeline) means it needs to render - can't even cope with a simple still image! Premiere on its own will do this.

Anyway, you found a way. If you can, try reinstalling X-tools, this is what Matrox recommended. (Mine wouldn't display any still image - jpeg, bitmap, targa, nothing.)

Use the TIFF format for stills with the RT.X100, rather than JPG, if you want realtime rendering.

As I said, no image file at all would display. So not much point in changing from one file format to another, because the original problem still remained.

Sounds as if smatterhauler had exactly the same problem.

OK, I jumped in a bit quick there and was working from memory. teh answer i should ahve given is...

The only resolutions that do not require rendering for JPGs are 720x480 in NTSC and 720x576 in PAL. The quoted resolution was 768*576 so unless that was a lie then this should explain why they needed rendering.

Also, it's highly recommended to use 32 bit TARGA files not TIFF as I said before.

Sure, but rendering was not the issue (not in my case anyway). The ‘anomaly’ was that images would not display, regardless of resolution, or file type, or anything else.