Thread: Premiere pro crashes my computer. Please help

Default Premiere pro crashes my computer. Please help

Hi, I hope someone can help me this problem.

I recently installed premiere pro 7 on my computer, and everything was working fine but recently, whenever i try to preview the final video, a message comes up saying that "Adobe Premiere Pro has encountered a serious error and needs to shut down". As well as shutting down the programme it also shuts down my computer. I don't know why this is happening as it used to work fine before.

I also have the same problem with Vegas 4.0. Again, it used to play video fine, but now (for some unknown reason) it won't play any video. (Although it doesn't shut down the programme or the computer).

If anyone could help, i would be most grateful.

Don't know your system specs - but I'll take a stab as I've had this problem...

1) cut the first 10 seconds to 5 minutes of your video off and try again - if it works, then you need to recapture that bit from your original tapes.

2) If you are mixing and matching video formats in the same time line and forcing them to 'conform to original project settings' then this problem may occur - try converting each clip to .AVI before assembling your project.

3) If you use a seperate harddrive to capture your raw footage to - get all the files off it and reformat it then relaod - try again

4) If you have a 1 harddrive system, do a complete defrag - the search funtion on this board can give you some guidance in this area.

5) Backup, reformat your system drive and reload - try again.

Hope this helps
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)