Thread: Help with: Automatic motion blur?

Default Help with: Automatic motion blur?

Hello,

I have a problem when editing game movies with variable fps. My fps can be anything between 5-30 and I render my movies with 30fps in Vegas 6. My problem is when the fps is low Vegas applies some kind of motion blur to the movie :( although I render it with lossless quality. HERE is a sample, if you pause the movie at certain points you can see the immense blur. My sample is encoded with Divx 6

I hope you can get rid of this, it is very annoying that quality suffers if you render a copy of a copy of a copy at lossless settings as well. I apply effects to my movies in After Effects which renders my movies prefectly even if I render a copy of a copy of a copy it always comes at flawlessly when I render at lossless quality. What am I doing wrong or why cannot Vegas 6 do this?? I rather want a laggy movie than a blurred one...

For instance if I render the same clip captured by fraps I can render it 10 times a copy of a copy with After effects and see no blur and no difference compared to the original. The original in this case has no blur.

Thanks in advance

EDIT/
    I encoded the same clip with After Effects and it looks like this. Sorry it's a bit larger and longer than the one with Vegas. Anyway I know this is a huge leap from 6-16fps but I'm just wondering if I can render it in the same way with Vegas 6.

I could be wrong, but I would guess if you're trying to stretch 5 frames per second into thirty frames per second, you will get some blurring as the software has to stretch the five frames to fit into thirty. The software will have to make frames of whats between otherwise you would just get a very jerky movie.

Thanks, but what about the so called 'lossless rendering'. You can't keep rendering a copy of a copy in Vegas without quality loss like you can in After Effects. I'm not familiar with Premiere, I've only used After Effects but I'm impressed you don't loose any quality at all with lossless settings. I like how Vegas is easy to use but I will have to switch to Premiere if it can output 100% lossless results. When I need a really special effect I cannot simply render the entire movie in Vegas first and then use After Effects to apply the wanted effects. I usually end up rendring a part in Vegas, editing in AFX and rendring the whole movie again in Vegas. The result isn't good due to this 'auto blur' or whatever.

I tried to turn off resampling but then I got a black picture only, after rendering

I loose quality although I use Best rendering quality, progressive scan and the original resolution, uncompressed output. Any tips?
    I can't understand how you could make a proffessional program that cannot even make a 1:1 copy of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Polaris
    Thanks, but what about the so called 'lossless rendering'. You can't keep rendering a copy of a copy in Vegas without quality loss like you can in After Effects......
    Well, I have to say I've not experienced any problem like that at all. Possibly your render settings somewhere?

Over to Irishmark for some truly expert assistance!

this issue is not really related to lossless rendering. It is as turn rightly said down to the fact that you are stretching 5 frames over 30. You will either get jerky motion or frame blending.

Turn off the frame blending options and it may look better but you'll probably still get jerkiness and there is nothing you can do about it.