Thread: Adding music from CD

Default Adding music from CD

I have Studio 9 Plus and have downloaded an old home movie from my VCR. I am adding music as these are really old movies before sound. I am almost to the end, but it doesn't even want to recognize any new CDs anymore. It just keeps crashing and is very slow. I do have enough memory, I have a new Sony PC, don't remember the stats right now. My question is, can I keep my movie and download it into another software (I have Windows Movie Maker) and then finish it? I have had it with Pinnacle!! And, I have countless hours spent on this and don't want to start all over.

Can anyone help? I am not a computer wizard, so be gentle with your answer, please.

Thanks in advance.

You can export it as a WMV (Windows Media) file and use Movie Maker to finish it. This means that you have to go to the final Make Movie part of Pinnacle, select File or Web output, and from the options select Window Media format. You can then use the file you created to edit elsewhere.

Hi Jand

Sorry I'm a bit late with this, you may have given up by now, but rather than export to Movie Maker, try to import your sound as a wav file from your hard drive, instead of direct from a CD. You can place as it as you like on one of the audio tracks.

You will need some software that will import from a CD and save as wav, MP3 would do as well, but I always prefer to keep the quality as high as possible before rendering. Soundforge is ideal and you can download a free trial, check here
    http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/pro...orgefamily.asp

Gilliang
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Sorry, I think I'm missing something here.
    Now exactly do I add a wav file on the project (film) without burning it to a CD? The menu points me exactly to the CD. I cannot browse somewhere else to load a wav (or mp3).

Default easy peasy

whilst in EDIT click on SHOW AUDIO FILES (little speaker on left tab)
    this will take you to your sound effects. click on the field above and you will get a short selection of folders. One maybe MY MUSIC. click on this. if this is where you have "ripped" your music from CD's then the book will be filled with files or folders of your music. you could always copy the music files into the pinnacle project folder if you wanted to keep your video work seperate. you will then have to browse to that folder instead of my music.
    once the book has the music files you want then you can just drag and them onto the music track.aword of warning, if you decide to alter any clips once you have placed your music, it will clip the music. so lock the music bar before changing clips. music is best added last.