Thread: Premiere 6.0 LE - Missing Effects

Default Premiere 6.0 LE - Missing Effects

I am trying to use Premiere 6.0 LE (on a Sony Vaio Laptop) for the first time, and I need to flip horizontally all the frames. The help package with this edition suggests that this effect should be available but I appear to have no audio or video effects with my software. I suspect this is because I have an LE version?

Presumably if I upgraded to Pro 1.5 I would get all the effects but the upgrade fee appears to be about 200.

Whilst in the future I will probably require all the effects and may indeed upgrade, for the moment it is just this single effect that I need. Is it possible to download / buy effects? If so where?

So far I am getting nowhere...

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

Hey Dave,

I just thought I would let you know that I had a similar problem with Adobe Premiere 6.0 LE on my Sony VAIO PC. I can't remember the exact problem but it was something to do with rendering some video footage into MPEG, anyhow, the software wouldn't let me do it even though it said I could in the manual.

After checking it out on the Sony website I found that a few of the more important features within the software were locked out and darkened on the menu bar. I think it's more than just a demo version but it's definitely not complete.

I solved the problem by purchasing Adobe Premiere Elements V1 (there's a V2 available now) and it only cost me about 60. I did look at the 'pro' version but it does loads more than I would ever need, plus I figured - why spend hundreds of pounds when you don't have to!

I'm not sure if you can buy plug-ins for the LE version but I'm not too sure about that, sorry.

Hope this helps

Matty

Matty,

Thanks that might help. I have seen premiere elements but figured it was actually a more basic version of the version I already have. Like you I don't want to fork out lots of money on stuff that is too complicated for what I need. Does premiere elemements work in pretty much the same way as the version you had installed?

Also do you know if it has a horizontal flip effect? Basically I am working on a DV image that was filmed across a mirror and all the text etc is reversed so I want to try and digitally flip the image back.

Thanks for your help

Rgds

Dave

Dave,

The interface of LE is pretty much the same as Premiere Elements V1 as far as I can remember. Click below to see a screenshot.

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/ado.../> crn_RO.htm

I checked it out, Premiere Elements V1 has a horizontal flip effect which does exactly as you describe. It's under - Video Effects - Transform - Horizontal Flip.

Hope this helps

Matty

Matty

Thanks, looks like I will have to buy Elements! Couldn't access the screen shot but I figure from what you say that the user interface is pretty much the same and I guess everything is cross compatible.

Many thanks for your time

Dave

Marc has done a rather nice review of Premiere Elements on this site. search for that.