Thread: Hi Everyone! I need some help.

Default Hi Everyone! I need some help.

Hi there, im new here And i need some help

ME and my friends are making a Sailor Moon Movie for my little cousin and we want to create Transformation Sequences, in other words, with us dancing and different colours and patterns moving around behind us, but how do we put Colourful Effects behind each person in the film?

Thankyou if someone can help in any way.

Zac.
    *Mercury Power, Make Up!*

Has a ring to it aye?

Use chromakey.

As you have a post count of 1 and so are presumably new I'll expand on the previous answer just a little.

Thge technique youwant is indeed chromakeying. Sometimes referred to as blue or green screening.

Simply film your actors in front of a blue screen, say. After you capture the footage you simple place it on the second layer of video in your editing application and apply a chromakey effect to the footage. This has the effect of making the blue in the shot disappear, showing the film layer below it. SO as long as video layer one is your sparkly background then you are done.

Easy.

However, if what you really want to know is how to create a suitable sparkly background then that's a different matter entirely.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Mills, always backing me up...

So Zac, is that what you wanted to find out?

Default Oh Thanks!

Ok thanx guys! You have helped, where exactly can i find a blue screen, and does anyone know a freeware program which has Chromakeying Enabled? Instead of a blue screen, can i use a blue light bulb and give the Animation Room a blue ambience?

Thankyou.

Zac.
    *Mercury Power, Make Up!*

Has a ring to it aye?

Default Re: Oh Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by laraluva4eva
    Ok thanx guys! You have helped, where exactly can i find a blue screen, and does anyone know a freeware program which has Chromakeying Enabled? Instead of a blue screen, can i use a blue light bulb and give the Animation Room a blue ambience?

Thankyou.

Zac.
    Zac, you can buy a piece of green or blue cloth for some $20 or with a little luck and skill you can get the same effect by placing your subjects against any blue/green background (a wall, a blue bed sheet etc.).

One thing to add to that is the lighting...

Be cautious to get as even a light across the background as possible as from a recent experience, shadows have a tendency to creep in if you are not careful and even.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder