Thread: Is timeline limited to 3 hours only? in Premiere 6.5

Default Is timeline limited to 3 hours only? in Premiere 6.5

I have a 4 hours project which im doing in Premiere 6.5. As i can only see the timeline till 3hrs. Is timeline limited to 3 hours only?

Whats the solution for this?

will be grateful.

What spec of computer are u using to work on a 4 hour project? Personally I wouldn't have that length of a file on the timeline, I'd split it up say into half hour segments and work on them individually, yes it means a hell of a lot of files but I guess it what u are happy with.

Default Yes, Premiere 6.5 ...

... is limited to 3 hours on the timeline. I think the only way around it is to upgrade. Not sure if Premiere Pro has same limitation ...
    There\'s nothing like video editing ... Taking the most boring subject, and making it look exciting ...

Among many other questions, what will you be doing with the four hour project when you're finished?

Are you intending on burning it to a dual layer DVD or recording it onto video?

A lot of the projects I work on (other than straightforward video to dvd conversions for customers) I work on in segments. Even a four hour project is not going to be four hours of the same thing. It's going to be broken up at some point, and therefore I would create individual sequences and work on a section at a time. Once all the sections are put together, then you can create a new sequence and drag all the other sequences together to make up your four hour project.

As for the question.... is the timeline limited to 3 hours. I don't know about 6.5 but I know Premiere Pro isn't. To test, I just dragged a 5 minute clip onto the timeline in Premiere Pro and changed the speed/duration to 23hours and it seems fine to me.

although now it's gonna take me a whole day to watch this five minute clip. hmmmmmmm