Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baxter's Day Out

Default Baxter's Day Out

Hi there, this is my most recent video edit. It was made as part of a video editing tutorial set of videos, more about which can be found at www.BetterMovieMaking.com

I wanted to get a few different viewpoints, and had to make a small stand for the camera for the under-car shots to stop it blowing over. the first pass was still a bit nerve-racking, even though we checked the clearances thoroughly.

The black and white bit is meant to be the dog remembering his younger years - some people don't get that bit - I imagine dogs think in black and white if they see in black and white. Or is that just an urban myth?

Anyway, let me know what you think.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/978558704...termoviemaking

wmv format - 2.8Mb

Ian
    Better Movie Making Blog
    A general blog about digital video, the art of capturing quality video footage, and how to transform that footage into movies that sum up the highlights of your life! Links to real-life examples of movies made by others, plus tips and tricks of the movie pros.

Better Movie Making Website

I really liked that
    I can see bigger things coming your way...
    http://www.studioxpro.com

:.: StudioX Productions :.:
    Dedicated to low-budget film-making

Thatís so simple, itís brilliant. Reckon Iíd have sussed the memory piece, the B + W film look giving it away Ė and the dog being much faster when it was younger. (I know how he feels.) After watching three times, I got a cold wet nose.

Very nice, and great to watch.

Blog Entries

Well, as the above comments say, a really simple concept and well executed. Really like it. Well done.

really good-what you use to edit?

I reckon he uses Windows Movie Maker
    http://www.studioxpro.com

:.: StudioX Productions :.:
    Dedicated to low-budget film-making

really good-what you use to edit?
    I reckon he uses Windows Movie Maker
    Good question, and good guess too. I did use Windows Movie Maker, I imagine you could tell because of the titling and the effects used on the black and white bit.

This video is part of a course on using Windows Movie Maker, as well as on video editing and movie making in general, so I guess I had to use WMM.

I do like Windows Movie Maker because its so straight-forward, but prefer to use Adobe Premiere, you can do so much more with it.
    Better Movie Making Blog
    A general blog about digital video, the art of capturing quality video footage, and how to transform that footage into movies that sum up the highlights of your life! Links to real-life examples of movies made by others, plus tips and tricks of the movie pros.

Better Movie Making Website

i did think rhat but wasnt puting it on coz i might have made a fool of my self

that's sweet that is

Blog Entries

It's interesting this. Generally we all kind of look down on WMM but this little vid just goes to show what can be done with it.

By the way, instead of making an actual stand for the under car shot, you could have just used a bean bag. They are really good for getting shots like that, and you can be assured your camera will never blow over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast