Thread: Studio 7 capture problem

Default Studio 7 capture problem

I have been making a movie using Studio 7 with no problems. Recently I had to reload my entire OS include all programs. (There was no change in hardware.) From that point on I have been unable to capture video from my camcorder: "The data rate on drive C: is less than the required rate of 4000 Kbyte/second." Data read and write rates are between 2000 and 3000 Kbyte/second. Before reloading the system the rates were above 10,000 Kbyte/second. If this is a hardware problem, why did it occur simultaneously with reloading my OS? If this is a software problem, how do I correct it? My hardware was checked by qualified computer technicians and they found nothing wrong.

Default Studio 7 data rate

I finally solved the problem. I reinstalled WIN98SE from scratch on a test partition. When I installed the VIA 4in1 Patch, I choose the DMA option, which I evidently choose to ignore on the previous installation. After several months I can finally finish my movie.

Great news coolmanoh and thanks for sharing the solution. Obviously some of us were scratching our heads as to not respond. Glad to hear that it worked out in the end and look forward to seeing some samples of your work.

FYI. Pinnacle 10 releases shortly and may be a good opportunity to upgrade to latest version if you want to.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Default Video capture problem

Thanks, but I think I'm going to go with Ulead's Movie Factory 4. It got a good review in Camcorder and ComputerVideo mag.
    I