Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jpeg stills flicker in premier elements. Help pls.

Default jpeg stills flicker in premier elements. Help pls.

hi everyone,

I've been reading these posts for a few weeks now but unfortunately I'm not good enough at this video editing stuff to give any advice!!..yet!

anyway, my problem if you would be kind enough to help;
    I have just edited some camcorder footage of a friends wedding. At the end I have still Jpg images (high res from their wedding pictures CD) and some still captured pictures from the camcorder footage. I then have them holding for about 8 secs each...you get the idea...a kind of flash back through the day etc. I have added music etc and then went and burned it to a DVD.
    When I watched the movie back on my TV the pictures flicker!

1) Now in-between finishing the editing, and burning to a DVD, I didnít render the project as it didn't ask me too. Is this where I'm going wrong??

2) I have also created some titles at the start of the movie with writing at the top. On the PC in the monitor window they are fine but on my TV they are cut off the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not at home where I have Elements loaded but here's a couple of suggestions.

1. Elements has an anti flicker switch. Search the help file and it will point you in the right direction.

2. If that doesn't work you could try and reduce the resolution of your pics. You're basically trying to show really high resolution stuff on a low resolution TV. It doesn't like it that way is my understanding.

3. Re-do your titles but make sure you keep the writing in the "safe area". Your PC and TV displays are different. By keeping in the safe area you more or less ensure that your TV will display things as you want them. One of the menus in the main title screen will allow you to switch on the safe area and adjust its size if necessary.

Hope this helps

Cheers JT. I have just read up on the flicker switch option, I will reduce the resolution of my pictures and try the anti-flicker option aswell.

Just spoke to the wife as she just watched the DVD I done. She also said that the music I have put on varies in volume from track to track. I have used the Audio Meter to get them all all at the same leval (between 0 & -6 decibels if I remember correctly) but apparently it has not had the desired effect! They are MP3 tarcks and before importing them to P.E. I used MP3 GAIN on them and set them at 90 decibels.
    Is there an option that sets the whole movie at the same volume level for you or is it just down to trial and error??

Cheers for the response and the advice JT! Much appreciated!

Have a look at this guide from Marc Peters on this site. I don't think it's specific to Elemets but the concept should be similar once you find the equivalent steps.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...2_articleid/94

If that works then great if not I'm sure someone else will step in and help.

Cheers

Cheers JT (again)!

Last question for you - do I need to render the project before I burn it?

I have my mate & wife coming round tonight to watch the video, as the video is complete pap i was going to render the project and show them it on my computer (as i remember reading/seeing something about this making it better quality to view on my PC)?

Probably pushing my luck with all the questions, but it is friday afternoon and I only have 2hrs left at work! So feeling a bit brighter now!

Thanks once again for your help.

You don't need to render before you burn to DVD as that's part of the burning process I believe.

You're going to have to show it on your PC as you probably won't have time to change the titles / de-flicker etc. If you haven't done so already you should render it before you show it as you say.

If it still looks crap you could always just throw loads of beer down his neck and he won't know any better.

I never worked with Elements, but with PPro, if we right-clik in any clip (stills too) there are an option named "field options" and inside it there is the option "flicker removal".
    Enjoy!

You might also try to add a slight gausing blur to the photos.

James

In the video effects menu there is the option "adjust" and inside it there is "convolution kernel". Apply it, it might help too! It's another way to blur the pics or video.

image flicker is down to the resolution - bring it down to match video - 720x576(pal)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast