Thread: Weird Encore problem....

Default Weird Encore problem....

Although I'm leaving the transcode settings on "auto", the folder that Encore (version 1.0) is producing for my project is too big for a single layer dvd....

I've never had this before, as Encore always seems to adjust everything so it fits..

Any ideas folks? I assume this means playing around with bit-rates and the like, of which, I'm totally clueless

The project is pretty simple:

The only content is 1.40.22 in pal 16x9
    and 1 motion menu of 1.12 in pal 16x9

Just a stab in the dark

But I seem to remember that there is a switch to 'write source files' to the DVD.

Encore is then trying to write your finished DVD project AND the source files to the DVD - and there isn't enough room

I haven't worked with Encore for a bit but I seem to remeber having the same problem.

Hope that helps
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Adobe Encore does this (I just checked)

when you create a new projecct it creates a workspace with 4 Tabs - Project/Menus/Timelines/Disc

Choose the 'Disc' Tab

Under 'DVD-ROM Content, you can point to the source directory - If this setting is actually 'set' and pointing to your work directory then It will write the source .AVI's (or whatever) to your disc - You need to click the 'Clear' button to reset it.
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Thanks folks - I'll try this next time.

argento, I assume from your reply that that was the solution to your problem. But if you are still using v1.0 then you should apply the v1.1 patch. At least one of the bugs fixed is around the area of the calculations made regarding 'fit to disk' type stuff.

Thanks - I'll dig around the adobe site to find the patch.

Ok, I've double-checked, and I already have the patch installed Alan.

As far as using the "disc" tab, and selecting "clear", well, this isn't set anyway, so I can't clear it, if you see what I mean. I don't think it's trying to copy all my source files too, because my files seems to almost fit, but not quite, when burning with Nero.... :