Thread: AVI Synchronisation

Default AVI Synchronisation

This seems to be a common problem but I've yet to find a good solution.

The video captured from my Pinnacle PCTV card gradually goes out of sync when I'm playing it back. By the end of a long film it's so bad it's distracting.

I've been told the problem is to do with frame rates and audio sampling. All the solutions seem laborious involving lots of different software.

All I want to do is watch eastenders when I get home, so I'm looking for an all in one program to fix these files, which can be automated, so that I can just watch eastenders when I get home with the minimum of faffing around.

Does software like this actually exist? Would be grateful if someone has any pointers.

Rant over!

Thanks

Beale

Blog Entries

What software are you using to capture? I've heard wonders about combining the tweaked IUVCR wDM drivers with PowerVCR on a Pinnacle PCTV card.

Default PCTV software

I'm using Pinnacle's own pctv software - the latest version of pinnacle pctv vision. I haven't tried those capture progs you've mentioned - do they capture without sync problems...?

Thanks

Chris

Could be your sound card too... very cheap onboard soundcards sometimes have trouble keeping sync... but then the PCTV isn't a TV card I know too well so maybe it has onboard sound?

Default Audio and video become out of synch using PCTV

My audio lags behind the video when using PCTV as well while simply watching a tv station live (not during playback). My machine is 3.0Ghz, 1gig mem, Serial ATA, Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS, Gforce 5700. I was expecting better performance.