Thread: Mac OSX86 10.4 Tiger... ON A PC!

Default Mac OSX86 10.4 Tiger... ON A PC!

Hi Guys,

I noticed another thread about the age old apple/PC debate... Hows this for a suggestion... (Im about to try it out in the next few days so Ill let you know how I get on...)

I have a generic OSX install that will install onto any PC Hardware... Allowing you to run final cut pro on my dual xeon... (Theoretically!)

We'll have to see if it works... Anyone else have any experience of this?

Ill keep you posted...

I know it's not legal, but that's all I know

Indeed the code was cracked within 12 hours of its release...

I cant see how modifying something which you have bought is illegal... Obviously if I had downloaded it then yes ... but if I was to go and buy OSX for mac whats illegal about me modifying it to run on my pc hardware?

Theres a phenomenal amount of info on google for anyone wishing to find out more... I was just wondering if you guys had any personal experience...

Word on the grapevine is that Apple will be releaseing a version of OSX that will run on pc machines - well anything with generic pc bits inside it.

I'd heard that rumour too, but I've also heard since then that they're not going to because of all the different hardware out there.

Though these are all just rumours anyway - we could be miles off

another romouer is that they will be releasing their new intel based systems soon which means ther will be a flood of G5's on ebay! - ooooooh

Also I hear Apple are considering slashing their prices on all their systems opening up to the european market more. - Affordable Mac's - I like that.

Well, I finally got an evening free and I decided to try this osX business on my IBM thinkpad...

Installed like a dream! No problems, installed all the hardware, plug and play USB working, networking etc!!! Its wicked!

I guess the IBM is mostly Intel based hardware, hence it going so smoothly, cause when I tried it on some of our other PCs I got hardware errors...

I also "borrowed from a friend to test" Adobe CS ,sfter effects, and perhaps most importantly FCP!

AE went on like a dream...and CS, but to my dismay FCP "does not support intel hardware" Gutted eh!!! It went right throught he install then just at the end popped up a hardware eroor...

So Its great to have a mac in the office now and came in handy when someone came in with a mac hd, but very dissapointed that I cant get FCP running on my edit PC :(

Indeed as you guys say, Macs now use "PC hardware" and I think the new ones are intel based chipsets etc, so Im sure its only a mater of time...!

I have to admit, I do like the mac styling, (not all of it! but the slider bars and stuff are nicer looking...So I downloaded a mac skin for my PC!... Confuses the hell out of people when they see it!