Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Blog Entries

I am guilty as charged in this.

Intentions were genuine and I did actually have a cracking idea. It involved my cat, a mouse, a chase and a bloody ending. No cranes involved either, just my Raptor.

Pressure of clients wanting stuff (gits) knocked me out. A matter of prorities I suppose. Once I've been sitting in the studio for hours on end I just couldn't summon up the motivation.

I am very, very sorry to be one of the culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    Marc said it before I could. Prizes didn't help before. Why would they now?
    What were the prizes?

For the first competition, $100. For the second, cash, T-shirts and royalty free music.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe
    Marc said it before I could. Prizes didn't help before. Why would they now?
    What were the prizes?
    Last year it was royalty free music and the year before that it was straight cash as I recall.

or do you ask the question in the sense of the prizes not being worthwhile?

or do you ask the question in the sense of the prizes not being worthwhile?
    No, not at all, I just couldnt remember

Surprising that the money prize comp didn't have many entries though.

Blog Entries

I really don't think a physical prize is an issue. It's not for me, anyway.

Kudos and pride are more important to me. I was seriously lacking inspiration for a long time too. Red as a theme stubbonly refused to fire my imagination. When I finally got the idea time was too late to do the best that could be done. Actually, I still think my idea was kak.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    I really don't think a physical prize is an issue. It's not for me, anyway.
    It's not for me either, but you have to admit, it will be for a lot of people, which is why the masses like Who wants to be a millionaire, and a much smaller group like programmes along the lines of Mastermind.

Well, I did it for the fun of it, y’know some good (and maybe some catty but witty) comments from this nice little web community that I’ve enjoyed being a part of for over a year now.

The red theme had me flummoxed as well, couldn’t think of a thing. So I used some bits I’d already filmed, then built a daft story around them. Filming is always hard work, I reckon, so it was tough to finish it.

I elected to enter the last one, but flunked it for this reason: the CWP music comp seemed a bit arse-about-face to me, fitting a video to supplied music – I prefer to fit the music to a vid. It also meant that many entries were using that same music piece. In spite of this, though, the quality of entries was brilliant – there wasn’t a poor one amongst them.

So prizes? No, not really, my incentive is having others see my work, and taking on board what they say, even if it hurts!

The first comp had a much wider scope – a short advert or trailer, now maybe this would have fired the imagination of more people – maybe not. This is just my two-pennyworth, it shouldn’t tread on any toes, I hope.

(Does anybody here actually watch 'WWTBAM? Surely not! It's TV bilge at its bilgiest!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    The first comp had a much wider scope – a short advert or trailer, now maybe this would have fired the imagination of more people.....
    My feeling exactly. My imagination is poor at the best of times. Took ages to get excited about red. (Sorry Marc).

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    (Does anybody here actually watch 'WWTBAM? Surely not! It's TV bilge at its bilgiest!)
    I certainly don't!.
    Surely most of us here have a higher state of conciousness?

i feel realy guilty now :cry: shamm i have no cast thaqt are willing :cry: sorry marc!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast