Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do next?

Default What to do next?

Hi Marc,
    I was kind of waiting for a message from you about what the entrants should do next and how many entries were finally submitted.
    Where are the RED videos?
    I figure your setting up the download page?
    Just a clue, please.
    Weave.

You must learn patience my young padawan!

You must remember that Marc runs this web site in his own time for nothing (but the fun of it). If it takes him a while to get around to it then it takes a while.

Default A clue!

Thanks for the clew.
    I was just wondering.
    Weave.

Blog Entries

We had four entries to the competition.

Given that four of you guys worked hard on your entries (and to get them in on time), in my eyes you're all winners. I'm therefore reluctant to open up the competition to external voting and will be thinking of a way to decide a winner. It's up to you guys that entered to decide whether you want to vote for each other, or let the winner be decided by board members sending me a PM with their votes.

Four entries is an extremely poor showing and I admit to feeling a wee bit dissapointed after several people suggested we should have a competition. I was reluctant to do another competition and arrange sponsorship/prizes as the last one ended in a similar fashion. I did have a few offers, but I'm glad I declined as it would once again have caused embarrasment for me.

So guys, lets be honest. Is it worth us having these competitions if only a handful of people enter? Those that entered have all produced smashing efforts. I'm proud of y'all.

Nice of you to say so, Marc. At the start of a comp, everybodyís enthusiastic, but as time wears on, the amount of work needed becomes daunting. So itís easy to drop out.

What about showcasing all four entries on the, er, video showcase? I mean as well as, or instead of deciding a winner? (Bit of a hollow victory, winning against a total of three!)

Default Four videos enter, One video wins!

Hi Marc,
    I'm sorry to hear so few people actually got a RED idea completed.
    To me it doesn't really matter how many entries there were. I think that the show must go on! I also think that both of your ideas on the voting should be used in order to be fare. Let the entrants vote and let the board vote as well. Maybe even some kind of quick secondary video submission from the four entrants on another theme entirely and give us two weeks to complete and submit them. What do you think?
    Just my opinion.
    Weave.

I think this one was hard as it revolved alround a colour-i think next year it should be a abject like a peice of clothing or a mobile phone

Default Red

I was able to come up with two seperate RED ideas. I'm still working on this one. I have a small section of it posted for viewing. It's called
    TEAM RED (Alien Pit Crew):
    Click here to watch TeamRed. Take a look. :mrgreen:
    Weave.

I regret that I wasn't aware of this site until the competition was almost over. I do think the idea is really good, maybe take the competition aspect out of it and just throw up themes that you can challenge people to tackle. In this less formal plan, you might have more response and if a new theme is done every 4 months or so, people can have more fun with it. Just a suggestion from a lowly newbie to the site. But regardless. Count me in for the next theme

I have apologised before, and I'll do it again, about not being able to come up with anything.

FORGIVE ME!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast